If you are streaming Netflix at leisure from your PC, you are more likely to encounter this error. However, users streaming Netflix from mobile devices or TV have also reported of such inconvenience.
Resolving this particular issue is often vexing for those who have a little idea about the same. Moreover, there is no mention of a solution for such a problem on Netflix support which makes it harder for users to resolve the issue. Before we address the issue and speak about the various solutions for the same, lets learn more about the major causes of the error.
The below-listed points reflect some of the most common causes that lead to the aforementioned error:
- Enabled Netflix extension on your browser
- Enabled AdBlock on your browser
- The error can also be the result of the Netflix servers being down
In case, all other apps on your device are working just fine, you may blame it on Netflix’s server being down.
Why is my Netflix down?
Error messages restricting your access to awesome content on Netflix is certainly annoying. The good news is that they do not persist for long. There are various errors that you may come across on Netflix. All of these errors tend to display a pop-up message similar to the ones given below:
- Cannot reach Netflix.com
- Netflix is not available
- Cannot connect to Netflix
- Android Error: Connection Failed
- We are unable to reach Netflix Service.
- Unable to connect to Netflix
If you have any such aforementioned comments popping up on your device, you must review your internet connectivity. More often than not, Netflix Error M7111-1931-404 is an indication of a connectivity issue. Nevertheless, there are a myriad ways to solve this problem. Let us take a look at some of the popular methods to solve the problem.
Methods to fix the Netflix Error M7111-1931-404
There are myriad methods to follow of you want to get rid of the error M7111 on Netflix. We have listed down the popular ones below to make it easier for you to solve the issue.
Method 1- Remove Netflix Cookie from the Web Browser
The method is applied on the assumption that the inconvenience caused is a result of internal errors of Netflix. Therefore, by removing or clearing the cookies from the browser we may be able to solve the error.
This is a really easy method which you can carry out in a couple of simple steps. If you are using the Netflix application on your Android device, you can go to the app info and clear the cache.
Follow the steps mentioned below to go about incorporating the same:
- Visit netflix.com/clearcookies. You will be automatically signed out of your account once you do this.
- Hit the sign in option and log in with your credentials
- Once you have signed in, try streaming any content on the app.
However, if the problem roots to an issue other than network connectivity, this method shall not yield any result. You may try some other measures to fix the issue.
Method 2- Fix the Error by Updating Your Web Browser
The problem can also be the result of using an outmoded web browser. To fix the error and stream limitless content on Netflix, you must try upgrading your web browser. Install the latest version and see if the trick solves the issue.
Using the example of Google Chrome lets us know more about updating a web browser.
- The first thing that you must do is launch the web browser.
- Move the cursor to the top right corner. Click on the menu icon
- From the drop down list, select Help
- Select the option ‘About Google Chrome’. You will find information on the present version of the web browser.
- On clicking the aforementioned option, the latest version of the web browser will be installed automatically.
- Complete the process by clicking on Relaunch
- Log in to Netflix and try streaming the content to know if the problem still persists.
Check out and apply some other methods if you are still dealing with the problem.
Method 3- Re-start your home network
Restarting your home network is a surefire way of dealing with a connectivity issue. If the error has resulted from poor connectivity or a network disconnection, you might want to recheck your home network.
Re-establish your home network by following the points mentioned below:
- Your device must be disconnected from the power outlet. Make sure that you also disconnect the plug of the modem and the router.
- You might want to wait for a few minutes before you go in again
- Plug the modem and connect the router.
- Wait for the modem lights to stop blinking. Once they stop, connect your router and wait till the lights stop blinking.
- Connect your device and log in to Netflix again.
Try streaming the content to ensure that you are no longer facing the same problem. However, if you are still on the same page, you may want to try some other methods to resolve the issue.
Method 4- Restart Your Device
This particular method is most effective for people who stream Netflix from IOS devices. Here are some simple steps on how you can go about doing the same:
- Press the sleep button till you see the red slider
- Turn the device off by dragging the slider
- Wait for a few seconds. Or its best that you wait for half a minute before you turn the device on again
- Launch Netflix and see if the error still pops up.
Method 5- Switch back to Default ISP Settings
In case the error on Netflix appears due to change in settings of ISP, you must restore the default ISP settings to fix the error.
Given below are some steps that you must follow to restore the default settings successfully:
- In case you have changed ISP settings or customised the same, you must switch back to the default settings
- Reset the DNS settings
- If you are using a VPN, you must disconnect the VPN and connect the device to the home network.
- If you are still not sure what to do, you must seek help from the manufacturer of the device.
The above-mentioned methods were a solution to Netflix Error M7111-1931-404. If you are facing an issue with streaming limitless content on Netflix, you must try a few of these methods and see what works for you.
Tip 1: If you have any extensions on your browser, you can disable them and refresh the page to see if you are able to fix the issue
Tip 2: Always keep an eye on the updates from Netflix since there are times when they are undergoing maintenance over servers.
Now you know multiple fixes on how to solve Netflix Error M7111-1931-404, we are quite sure that the issue will be fixed and if still does not. Let us know in the comments and we will personally make sure that the issue is resolved.