Believe it or not, you would not have to output sound to a single computer on Windows. Connecting multiple speakers or headphones through Windows 10 is possible. Yeah, you got it correctly. We’re going to clarify how to use two headphones all together on Windows 10 in this post.
How to Connect and Use two Headphones on PC?
The following sections will be included in the post, making it easy to find the details on how to connect two headphones to allow stereo mixing if you are playing audio from particular applications on two computers. Windows 10 plays audio only on one computer by design. Therefore even if you have numerous headphones or speakers attached simultaneously, you may output audio to only one unit.
All in your home would choose to listen to that you played a melodious song on your laptop or console. What if they all want to hear the music on their headphones? If you have only a singular voice output unit, the issue will escalate. You don’t need to worry, though. Windows 10 allows several sound devices to pair at once. So you can love the entertainment on the headphones, and you can relate to it on a speaker like the rest of the people.
Steps to connect two headphones in Windows 10
Let’s start with our guide on getting 2 audio outputs at the same time on Windows 10.
Method– 1: Trigger Stereo Mix
Enabling Stereo Mix is the first way of using two headsets simultaneously on Windows 10. For example, it is disabled. However, to configure Stereo Mix to perform audio from 2 devices at once, you should follow easy steps.
- Phase 1: attach the headphones, speakers, or some other sound system you want to use. Until proceeding to the second stage, make sure they are correctly linked as well.
- Phase 2: Right-click the button in the device tray for the volume or speakers.
- Phase 3: With five options, a dialogue box will open. To access Sound Settings, click mostly on Sounds options by entering mmsys.CPL throughout the Search bar, you could also open the audio settings.
- Phase 4: Under the Sound Parameters, there will be four different choices. You’ve got to press Replay to the top. You can see all of your related audio devices below. Right-click Speakers to set the default setup. If the Setup As Default Device choice greyed out or absent, the speaker already is the default device.
- Phase 5: Now, in Sound settings, press the Recording tab.
- Phase 6: In the Recording tab, right-click anywhere & you will get two choices. Tap on the option to display disabled devices. You will also possibly see Stereo Mix in the Recording section once you press the tab.
- Phase 7: Right-click & click Properties mostly on Stereo Mix or Microphone.
- Phase 8: Now, you’re going to get four more options, which you need to click on in the Listen tab. Select Listen to this computer now. You’ll see a Playback with such a dropdown list through this system option. From the menu, pick your microphone.
- Phase 9: Clicking on the Submit button is the final step.
On Windows 10, users have successfully allowed double headphones or speakers. Likewise, if you are looking for 2 USB headsets on even a PC, the procedure is precisely the same. Last but not least, please set your speakers not as a default communication unit but as a default device. Anything else, at the same time, you could not play music on headphones and speakers.
Method– 2: Loading Audio From Specific Applications On Two Computers
Customizing playback devices for such applications is another way to use two USB headphones on even a Windows 10 PC. For instance, for Skype only, they can change your speaker or headphones. You can also use your speaker to play music through Firefox or Google Chrome’s Movie And TV App & headphones to play sound. In simple terms, double headphones or any playback system on Windows 10 can allow alternate audio levels for individual apps.
- Phase 1: Right Click that speaker icon in the taskbar also on the left side.
- Phase 2: Click on the option for Open Sound Settings.
- Phase 3: Open additional options by pressing the volume and user preferences of the App.
- Phase 4: It will settings the tab box listing most of your open applications. Find the App that you want to adjust your playback system for. You can notice the Performance dropdown menu just next to it as well.
- Phase 5: All the connected devices will display in the Performance dropdown menu. For this specific software, pick the one that you’ll want to use.
Bear in mind that your selected playback tools for the App will be automatically saved by Windows 10. Therefore any time you open the program, it will always emit a sound to stored headphones or speakers. That is how, by choosing a playback system for alternate applications or apps, you can use two headphones at some time on Windows 10.
METHOD – 3: Use resources from the framework
Depending on several items, This method is for those who wants to connect headphones without splitter. Although, this may or may not work. However, some users have succeeded in replacing the input device with a playback device. That means you should be able to speak appropriate playback devices simultaneously without any problems, in principle. Bear in mind, though, that the headphones will not sync perfectly, and you will encounter a slight pause on the second playback device (and headphones in this case). Here’s how to activate two USB headphones all together on Windows 10 by using device settings:
- In the notification area, right-click the Sound icon & open Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab & the first headphones select as your default playback unit.
- Now, switch to the Recording tab.
- Right-click and activate ‘Show disabled devices’ in the empty area.
- Right-click and start Stereo Mix. Only install the newest Realtek sound drivers & codecs if they can’t find them.
- Double-click mostly on Stereo Mix to open Assets.
- Under Properties, click the Listen tab.
- Check the “Pay attention to this device” box and choose your second headphones from the dropdown list.
Method – 4: Using A USB Headset Splitter To Use Two Headsets On PC
The App alone will sometimes not help you to use two headphones on one pc. That’s where hardware comes to the rescue, like a USB headphone splitter. For both USB devices & audio jacks, USB switchers come in several forms. These devices are inexpensive, mainly if you are not very technical, and can save you from its frustration of running through all the procedures. There are also pricey versions, but the cheap USB splitter is appropriate for those double headphone action for a casual user.
However, you can try both of the two methods mentioned above if you would not want a USB headset splitter. You also don’t need a splitter or even a Bluetooth converter if you use two headphones, whether they’ll be wired or Bluetooth. You only need to pick the Multi-Output System for Mac as your output. But if you using more than two devices, that option is provided for you by a splitter or even a Bluetooth adapter.
- Attaches additional ports” to your Mac.
- Easy installation for plug-and-play
- Have to purchase and hold the divider
- Slight waste of cash given Mac built-in options
Especially if you don’t have a connector or don’t have a current splitter and want to understand how to have two headphones on one computer? Your machine has a headphone jack & you want to add an extra gadget to it. Don’t worry; obey these steps without upsetting anyone, and enjoy the comfort of sound blasting.
- Plug one of the headphones into your screen port, first of all.
- Go to the power button & then to the settings menu to get the ‘Tone’ option.
- Go to the Control Devices tab while you are there and change the speaker option to ‘headphones.’
Currently, your default settings are optimized for headphones. When you need to, they can change this to a normal state. You can now attach a different headset to the computer port. You’re not prepared to enjoy your friend’s music, movies, or games without disrupting your home’s quiet.
Method- 5: Buy an Adapter for Bluetooth
A Bluetooth adapter allows you to listen on the PC using up to 7 Bluetooth devices. Plug into one of the USB ports & follow the directions for installation. When your PC recognizes it, the adapter glows to let you know that your headphones will attach.
- Using two or more Bluetooth headphones to listen to
- Long-range, mostly up to 10 meters
- The only reason to use 2 Windows Bluetooth headphones
- Includes an acquisition
- Initial installation with a technological setup can be challenging.
1. Can I use two headphones simultaneously on a PC?
Using a headphone splitter is the best way to use two headphones on any PC or Mac. That allows you to use the mini-stereo and USB port to plug two or more headphones into your machine and break the sound evenly between both devices. Please ensure your unit allows dual-headphone use unless you’re purchasing a headphone splitter.
2. How do I break the computer’s audio?
Right-click the machine tray with the Speakers icon & select Sounds. Choose the Playback tab shown immediately below in the screenshot. Then pick your audio playback system for the primary speakers and press Set as Normal. That would be one of the two audio-playing playback units.
3. Can we attach to the phone with two Bluetooth headphones?
It is possible to couple just about every Bluetooth (BT) headset across multiple devices. The combination means that each other recognize by the headset & the apparatus and can establish a connection. Though, the vast majority of BT headsets can only be attached at one time to even a paired unit Thus, 2 Bluetooth headphones pairing is possible.
Thus, You will not ask how to connect two headphones on PC now. You can use two headphones like such a pro by now, irrespective of the kind of gadget you’re using! Suppose it involves witnessing a movie or listening to such a song with somebody else, even just using different headphones for various activities. In that case, you should protect yourself with this guide. Whether you’ve followed the above steps, we assume you’ve managed to attach your two headphones for almost all of your needs.