Civilization VI is a famous turn-based strategy game that was first introduced in 2016 but some players keeps reporting that civ6 not launching. In this type of game, players can select from the different cultures and create them through an early resolution to a world ability. It is present for Linux, iOS, Windows, PlayStation 4, macOS, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One platform. As this is a hard performing play, there are instances while specific problems can occur. In this advance installment of the troubleshooting range, we will handle the Civilization VI won’t open issue.
Problem Causing Bug
There’s a very nasty Civilization VI crash virus, which causes the play to hang on for a maximum time when loading from epic games launcher in Windows 7, 10 or mac. Reddit user turdas found that this is due to Windows Defender, which appears to be examining the complete game in the real moment whenever Civilization VI is introduced.
To prevent this, you can allow the game in Windows Defender. In Windows 10, enter Windows Defender Settings at the Start Menu. Move down until you get Exclusions and then put an exclusion; you will have to opt for the very last alternative, Exclude a .exe method, and then enter CivilizationVI.exe. That must ensure that Windows Defender won’t trouble to scan the play anymore, thus avoiding this particular Civilization VI crash virus.
Civilization VI provides new methods to employ with your world: towns now physically increase across the map, functional studies in technology, as well as culture, unlocks the latest potential, and rival leaders will follow their agendas depending on their historical traits like you race for one out of five methods to achieve a win in the play.
5 Ways to Fix Civ 6 Not Launching
Before starting any of the following troubleshooting steps, first, restart your computer. That refreshes the system and clears any corrupt temporary data which could cause the issue. Many factors can cause this specific issue, from outdated software to a corrupted display driver. Few are the suggested troubleshooting steps that you require to do to solve this issue. Before going further check if your systems meets the minimum requirements to run this game.
1. Install DirectX
Ensure that you have all essential DirectX files installed on your system.
- Visit www.microsoft.com/ download/details. id=35.
- Save DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer folder.
- Open the downloaded file for Installing DirectX.
- Restart your system.
Check-in case the Civ6 won’t open issue still happens.
2. Update Your Graphics Drivers
A prevalent cause of Civ VI not launching is a problem with the graphics driver. Your system might have a degenerate display driver, either it could be older. To solve this, you will require to uninstall the driver and install the new driver version. In case you have an NVIDIA graphics card so follow the steps given below:
- Click Win+R (Windows logo key plus R key) altogether to invoke the Run option.
- Enter MSConfig and select OK. Following the System Configurations will display.
- While System Configuration launches, select the Boot option. Under Boot alternative, see Safe boot, then tap on OK.
- While you asked to restart your system to apply these modifications, select Restart to be boot to Safe Mode.
- Get into the local hard disk area by selecting This PC option, then go to Local Disk C. You must be able to locate the NVIDIA folder. Then right-click on it and click on Delete.
- Select Start and click on Run. Following the Run dialog box will display on the screen.
- Enter “devmgmt. MSC” within the run box, then tap on the OK button to load the Device Manager Window.
- Extend the “Display Adapters” pitch. That will pile all network adapters which the machine has equipped. Right-tap at the Nvidia adapter you desire to uninstall and choose “Uninstall.”
- Select “OK” while redirected to uninstall the tool. That will take out the adapter from the pile and uninstall the driver from it.
- Click Win+R (Windows logo key plus R key) altogether to adjure the Run box.
- Enter MSConfig and select OK. Following the System Configurations will unlock.
- While System Configuration opens, select the Boot option. Under Boot alternatives, uncheck Safe boot, then tap OK.
- While you redirect to restart your system to apply these modifications, select Restart.
- Download the advanced NVIDIA driver for your system from here www.nvidia.com.
- Start the setup and track the instructions that display on the screen. Select the Custom installation alternative and check all the issues in the custom install choice windows. Also, inquire about the box that states, “do a clean install.”
- Restart your system.
3. Reinstall Civilization VI
If the following steps fail to solve the issue, you will require to uninstall and reinstall the play. The only open Steam client then visits Library. Check for Civ6 at the left corner of the screen, click on the right side of it and select Manage. By the manage link, you must search the uninstall option, tap on this. When the game removes, restart your system, then install it. Check-in case the Civilization VI won’t open issue still happens.
4. Add Exclusion For Civ 6 For Windows Defender To Repair Loading Issues
Windows Defender is of the way since it saves from malware and viruses and all types of jazz. Still, till Firaxis and Microsoft own a little chat regarding Civ 6, it looks like Microsoft’s anti-virus safety getting a bit rough along with Civ 6’s folders in Windows 10.
That is causing the play to load for a too long period indeed, either perpetually. Here is how to sum an exclusion of Civ 6 to the application, so it makes you alone:
- Click on the Start Menu, then select Settings, then go to Update and Security, then select Windows Defender option.
- You are not required to click the button to launch the complete application on this screen; thus, ignore that.
- In place, scroll down and search a header indicated ‘Exclusions.’
- Click Add an Exclusion following Exclude a File.
- Go to your Civ 6 installation file and declare Defender this is what you desire to exclude.
- For many of you, that would be C:\Program Files Steam\steamapps\ Sid Meier’s Civilization VI – or a few variants of that reliant on the place you’ve told Steam for installing games.
Sound issues – Few players complain about sound issues, including desynchronization, crackling noises, sound running very fast, or just not playing at all. Seek to lower your sound feature: visit ‘Settings’ at the main menu, tap on the ‘Sound’ tab, and reduce the sound quality at 16-bit.
5. Civ 6 Hangs Either Crashes On The Loading Screen And If It Takes A Very Long Period To Load
This looks to be a widespread problem at the weekend. Luckily, it has a reasonably easy solution; declares both on Reddit as well as CivFanatics show the issue is with Windows Defender.
Begin by summing an exclusion for Civ 6 file. In Windows 10, at the start menu, visit ‘Settings,’ then ‘Update and Security,’ then select ‘Windows Defender.’ Tap on ‘Add an Exclusion,’ then ‘Exclude a Folder.’ Direct to your Civ 6 file and preferred it. In this method, you can place Windows Defender running still tell it to pause doing whatever it acts to Civ 6. In case this doesn’t work, try again, excluding your complete Steam folder.
Another possible solution is to permit Civ 6 from Windows Firewall. Utilize Cortana to find for Windows Firewall and tap on ‘Allow an app over Windows Firewall,’ then move down the list until you witness Civ 6. In case you’re still having problems, you can seek disabling Windows Defender mostly, yet this must be a final resort.
1. Why civ6 keeps crashing?
Most of these crashes are due to mods, which is still require updating through the creator. Few players might experience further problems while trying to open a save file with World Congress terms “Mercenary Companies” presently active.
2. Does it have an autosave?
You can save either load a Civilization VI game in any spot across the play. To save space, tap on the “Game Menu” option on the upper-just of the main play screen (or press ESC) as well as then tap on “Save Game” to make a new reserve game file.
3. How do I permit civ6 in the Firewall?
Visit Window Search and enter “Windows Firewall” following this, click on “Allow Apps or Feature” from the Firewall. Now tap on Change Setting as well as Scroll down until you look at Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, then ensure that the Public, as well as Private, has an inquiry mark.
Thus with the above-stated ways, civ6 not launching problem can be solved. There are various ways one can choose according to their convenience and comfort.