There is no doubt on the fact that nature holds unbelievable treasures for the human body. One such product derived from the Cannabis or hemp plant is Cannabinoids. There are many natural and artificial extraction methods used to extract these Cannabinoids. Thus, over a hundred Cannabinoid products and by-products are derived out of the Cannabis plant, including terpenes and flavonoids.
A molecule of Cannabinoids is Cannabidiol or commonly known as CBD. Cannabidiol possesses almost 40% extract of the Cannabis plant. Some Cannabidiol products also contain Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, which has psychoactive effects on the human brain. If you want to learn more about Cannabidiols, visit here.
The purest form is CBD Isolate which is obtained in a crystal form and does not have THC. People consume it in different ways, usually by converting it into a powdered form. It is completely flavorless and tasteless. Let us come to what benefits it has in store for humans. The human body has an internal Endocannabinoid system (ECS). The cannabinoid receptors in the human body interact with CBD to produce great medicinal benefits.
Effects of CBD
- Anti-Inflammatory properties- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties. It is known to cure conditions such as muscle and joint aches in arthritis, chronic back pain, other movement disorders, and fibromyalgia. It acts as an analgesic by suppressing the pain perception in the brain.
- Appetite- People facing a loss of appetite due to medical and other reasons have benefitted from this product.
- Memory- It also acts on the brain and improves memory and cognition-related issues.
- Alleviating Depression- Cannabidiol products enhance the mood and help in curing conditions such as Depression. It regulates the amount of non-cannabinoid preceptors like Serotonin and 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) hormones.
- Anti-anxiety- For people suffering from severe anxiety issues, commonly teenagers and people above 50 years of age, the cannabis product has proved to be quite beneficial. It works by changing the way the brain perceives Serotonin.
- Cancer Treatments- Many tests are in progress for the effects of CBD on reducing symptoms relating to Cancer. The research indicates that even though it helps alleviate specific symptoms of Cancer but has its side effects in the form of nausea and vomiting.
- Seizures- It also affects treating brain conditions such as Seizures, and research has been going on to see the effects on treating more severe conditions such as Epilepsy syndrome.
- Boosting Immunity- The immune-modulating power also makes it a good source of boosting immunity.
- Stops Vomiting- Helps a person to prevent incessant vomiting.
- Anti-Tumorigenic- Helps in stopping the formation of tumors.
- Affects Nervous System- It has a neuroprotective element that helps prevent ailments related to the nervous system.
How to Consume?
Unlike most edibles, the absence of flavor in CBD makes it easier to consume. One is the crystalline form supplied by websites such as Cheefbotanicals.
and one should always measure it on a micro digital scale because there are side-effects of overindulgence. One should always consult a doctor to check the recommended quantity.
Since it is tasteless, one can even consume it orally by keeping it under the tongue. Ingesting like this is way better than when it is eaten and digested through the digestive system. The salivary glands present under the tongue help it to dissolve faster in the blood system.
It can also be added to different kinds of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. You can make fruit smoothies, juices, tea, and coffee and add the measured amount into it.
CBD Vape Juice
One can also make vape juice out of CBD Isolate by adding other vaping ingredients. This method is known to be much more effective again because it dissolves sooner and produces quicker effects.
Sprinkle on food
You can also sprinkle the powder on your food and consume it directly. There are, however, some general measures to keep in mind to avoid burning along with food.
Add to Tinctures
It is added to CBD Tinctures to make them more potent. There is a specific procedure to be followed to make Tinctures more potent with CBD Isolate.
Inhale using a Dab Rig
One can inhale it using a dab rig. You would need a torch and a dabbing tool along with a dab rig to inhale CBD Isolate.
What are the Side-Effects to Expect?
CBD Isolate is THC-free, but still, there could be certain side-effects of consuming it.
These could be in the form of:
- Mood Irritation
- Weight changes
- Loss of Appetite
In certain instances, CBD increases liver toxicity. One should always consult with an expert before deciding on the intake amount. Another side-effect to consider is people who are consuming certain medications, particularly those with a grapefruit warning.
Like Grapefruit, CBD can interfere with the body’s metabolism along with such medicines. A Certified expert must review the related side effects with certain dietary supplements or such specific medications.
Since CBD Isolate does not have THC, other Cannabis products with THC can benefit more. But then those would come with their own set of harmful effects. But still, there are ways to choose the one you would buy.
There are specific characteristics of the right Isolate product. The Carbon di-oxide extraction methods used to produce it, whether pesticide-free, non-GMO- whether the product has undergone genetic engineering and non-synthetic are a few labels that one can check out before buying.