Web application development is the creation of application software that is hosted on remote sites and reaches the user via the Internet.
The web application does not need to be downloaded to your computer, because it is already available on the World Wide Web.
A web app development company will help you in developing and testing web applications of any complexity
Concepts and definitions
The process of web app development involves a significant amount of information containing errors.
Therefore, a necessary stage of creating such finished products is their detailed testing. This testing usually means checking the effectiveness of the program, as well as its security, accessibility, stress tolerance, acceptability for the user, and usability. All of these indicators play a critical role in assessing the quality of web application programming.
What is the difference between a web application and a website?
As a rule, ordinary users do not understand the difference between a web application and an ordinary site. But there are differences between the two concepts.
The result of web-based software development is a full-fledged software environment accessible through a traditional browser. It is a kind of site with advanced functionality and dynamic elements.
The main differences between Internet applications and websites are as follows:
- The way of communication with users. The content on the sites is available to their visitors. In addition, clients of web applications have the ability to interactively influence the information, changing the content of the sites.
- Authentication is not a mandatory procedure for traditional web pages but is necessary for products resulting from web app programming.
- The complexity of the procedures performed. If the site only outputs the information, the web application completes many other tasks as well.
- Recipients of information. Pages of traditional sites are open for access to any visitors. The apps provide the content only to some users after an account is created.
- Unlike websites, modifying web applications will require a new compilation and deployment of software.
So, web app software development is a much more responsible and time-consuming procedure than designing an ordinary website.
What types of web applications are available?
Many types of web applications are available today. Among them, the most well-known are:
- e-commerce tools – allow users to make electronic payments using bank cards, PayPal, and other payment methods;
- portal software – users need access to limited information for further work
- CMS programs – traditionally used by organizations to form and edit information on the web.
Developing web-based applications of any of the above types is in wide demand in various business segments.
How does a web application work?
What is web application development? The normal operation of a web application consists of these steps:
- The participant requests a web server remotely through an Internet browser or the user part of the application.
- The request is redirected from the web server to the web application server.
- The Internet application server completes the desired request and outputs the result.
- All final information flows from the internet application server to the web server.
- Finally, the web server responds to the client’s request, giving the user the required data.
Why is it better to contact a professional web development company?
Monitoring web applications is a demanding task that can only be accomplished by specialists in the relevant field.
The Scimus company is ready to provide its customers with the best products that meet modern requirements. Our specialists are well aware of what is web app development. They will help you to correct the already completed project, carrying out professional work on the mistakes.
The development company Scimus has a ready-to-use MVP that has passed all the necessary tests. We provide our customers with the complete testing of any web application at an affordable cost in a reasonable time.
Cooperate with our IT company to successfully improve your products and make them more competitive! Do not forget to read articles and guides here to learn more about our web development capabilities.