Is Roblox error code 277 interrupting your game, every time you try to establish the connection, by displaying the following message:
“DISCONNECTED: Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect (Error Code 277 ROBLOX)“?
Well, this is something faced by almost every Roblox gamer. However, in this guide, you will get the easiest solutions to resolve the error 277. Before that, we will check a little about what this error code means and why does it occur, in brief.
So, let’s get started!
What is Roblox Error Code 277?
Roblox error code 277 is the issue that occurs during server disconnection due to which the game (on Roblox) keeps losing connection from the gaming server.
This error has become quite prevalent on Roblox. Plus, it not only occurs when played on mobile interfaces, but also on Mac, iOS,and Windows platforms.
Though the developers of Roblox games have not paid heed towards solving this issue, we have some handy tips for you.
Now you want to know the reason for the error code 277. The answer to this query is not certain as many gamers deduced that the reasons were slow/delayed network connection, Wi-Fi connected without internet, or other relevant server issues.
Let me provide the real reason behind the Roblox error code 277.
Why does Roblox error code 277 occur?
Apart from a poor internet connection, the other basic reasons could be the incomplete installation of Roblox app, corrupted Windows System Files, inappropriate removal/deletion of software applications from your computer etc.
As said above, the error message can be resolved, however, the entire fix could be a bit time taking. Yet, the solution is effective as mentioned in the following segment. Know more about errors like roblox error code 267.
How to fix Roblox error code 277 on laptop/desktop?
Since the compatibility settings of Roblox versions on both laptop and desktop are quite similar, the fix is also the same.
These are the 5 reliable methods to resolve Roblox 277 error:
- Utilize Roblox utility tool
- Upgrade the default browser
- Run Roblox Compatibility Mode
- Remove/Delete Roblox log files
- Establish link to a different network
Now, let’s follow the stepwise instructions of the above points in detail:
1. Utilize Roblox utility tool
This utility tool is meant for repairing/fixing the corrupted files of the Windows registry system.
Here is how to use this Roblox error 277 utility tool:
- Firstly, download this utility tool for your Mac or Windows OS
- Next, install the tool and hit SCAN NOW
- You might have to wait sometime until the tool finishes scanning all the problems
- Once the scan is complete, hit the Fix Button
- This again might take time to fix the errors
Now check if the Roblox error 277 still persists.
2. Upgrade the default browser
You can set any browser as the default one on your PC/laptop. However, it is highly recommended to keep Google Chrome as your default browser. The reason is that Google Chrome is the most reliable browser to play Roblox games.
Note: Update your default browser as when you do that, Roblox gets automatically updated to its latest version.
Interesting Read: Fix Error Code 524
3. Run Roblox Compatibility Mode
Compatibility issues of Roblox games with your device interface can be troublesome. So, Windows 10 is the most preferable for running Roblox games.
Why does such an issue occur?
The reason is that most of the Roblox games were developed to suit the earlier Windows OS versions. Therefore, the previous Windows versions have greater possibilities of facing problems while running the updated/developed Roblox player versions.
However, this issue can be sorted on Windows platform by two specific ways:
(i) Alter the Roblox compatibility mode settings
(ii) Utilize the inbuilt Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on Windows
Here is how to change the compatibility mode settings of Roblox:
- Select Properties by Right-clicking on Roblox application
- Next, unmark the Run this program in compatibility mode by hitting the Compatibility tab
- Select any version of Windows, as desired, for your app’s settings and hit Apply button
Use the built-in Windows Program compatibility Troubleshooter if the above set of instructions didn’t work out to resolve the 277 error.
Here is how to use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter:
- Browse Run by clicking on the Windows Start button
- Hit on the previous Windows versions from the search results of RUN
- Hit on OK to execute the troubleshooting procedure and check for any other potential compatibility problems with your Roblox app
- After the completion of the analysis, a set of troublesome applications will appear on screen
- Find out ROBLOX from that list
- Select the suggested troubleshooting option
- Reboot your computer/laptop for saving the changes made
4. Remove/Delete Roblox log files
Roblox stores non-permanent cache data that includes game history, changes made in settings which occupy a considerable space on your PC/laptop. These log files of Roblox can cause bugs/glitches while trying to run the Roblox app.
How to get rid of such glitches in Roblox?
Regularly delete/clean the temporary log file software Roblox to avoid getting errors/glitches.
Here is how to clear the Roblox log files:
- Press and hold the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog
- Next, type the below quoted text inside the dialog and hit Enter:
- Now, select all the log files, through the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + A”, in the folder followed by pressing “Shift + Delete” to delete the selected files permanently from your PC/laptop.
- Again access the Run dialog and type the below quoted command:
Repeat the third step and check if the Roblox error code 277 still exists.
Check Out: Roblox Error 279
5. Establish link to a different network
As discussed earlier in this article, sometimes a broken router connection or delayed internet connection could be the reason for Roblox error code 277. Sometimes you may also find a failed server connection notification with an error message of error code 16 on Google Play.
Both of these issues are based on network failure. So, try connecting your device (PC/laptop) to a stronger network. Besides, make sure to clear all the cache files prior to re-launching Roblox on your device.
Now check if the error is sorted. Else, visit reddit for the uncommon solution or contact Roblox customer support to get direct assistance and get your problem solved in no time.