If you are one of the many people who wonder about How to Get Free Internet on Android? You need to know that Android has default support for L2TP and PPTP virtual private networks. You can easily connect with either of these two VPNs without requiring to install any third-party software. Eventually, you get the free internet browsing service on your Android device.
But the question is how will you use the VPN on your Android to get free internet access? For that, you need to set-up a VPN via Android settings option. The process is quite simple and easy to execute and makes for a great vpn free internet hack.
Follow the stepwise instructions to configure L2TP virtual private network on your Android device.
How to get free internet on Android using VPN?
Step 1: Open Settings followed by Wireless & Networks. Next, hit “More” as indicated by the image link below.
Step 2: Hit the “VPN” option from the pop-up screen of Wireless & Networks.
Step3: Now you will get a blank screen. Go to the top right section of the screen and there you will find “add VPN profile” and a + sign. Then hit it.
Note: The appearance of the above two options depend upon your device’s Android version.
Step 4: Now you will get the required VPN details from your network admin. Simply, pick the protocol that you want and put all the necessary information accordingly.
Note: Under VPN Name section, type your desired name, for instance, My Virtual Network, My VPN, etc. Then select PPTP while choosing the VPN “Type”. Lastly, in Server address, put the details of your desired location and check the encryption box of MPPE.
Step 5: As you are done with the above requirement, tap on “Save” after which the VPN will show up on screen. Tap on it and type a desired username followed by a password. Finally, tap on “Connect”.
Step 6: Now, in the taskbar, you will find VPN service processing without a third-party VPN software on the Android system. Also, you will get the encrypted internet identity instantly on your device.
Limitation: The services of virtual private network prevent you from accessing free public Wi-Fi connection and sharing further data connection.
Things to check in case of an issue while using L2TP or IPsec VPN
- All the primary details including username, password and pre-shared key are all “vpn”. So, make sure to enter all these data correctly (i.e., maintain the 3-letters).
- Android and Apple’s Mac OS X require different setups to enable the VPN server to relay all traffics. Recheck the above commands.
- Ensure whether the target IP address or hostname are entered correctly or not by checking the VPN Servers List page.
- In certain countries or places, simply mentioning the DDNS Hostname (.opengw.net) does not work. In such cases, it is necessary to directly specify the IP address rather than the DDNS hostname.
- The local firewall of your desktop is capable of filtering any L2TP or IPsec packets. So, L2TP VPN can’t be utilized for such network.
How to access free Android internet with third-party VPN apps?
There are many mobile-friendly VPN Android apps, of which these are the top:
- Fast Secure VPN
- Express VPN
- F-Secure Free dome
However, these applications are available as premium version.
So, you might look for the free VPN for your Android device to browse the internet without a cost.
Well, you get that facility as well by availing any of the free VPN apps given below:
- Hotspot Shield
- Touch VPN
- Spot flux
- Mob proxy
- Speed VPN
- Proton VPN
- Tunnel Bar
- Zero VPN
- Finch VPN
But, when it is about gaining free internet service via VPN on Android, there are certain things you need to consider before getting started.
- Make sure to have a long-term data plan with zero balance remaining. If data balance is left out, then it will be used up in this method while reconnecting to internet.
- This method of connecting VPN on Android for free internet is quite effective on all Android versions. However, experts suggest to use it for the 4th or higher Android versions. That is, the 4.0 rooted Android update or advanced version.
- This technique is supported by all Android devices, mobiles and tablets.
There are several service providers of VPN (virtual private network) that can help you to get free internet service on Android. You have already checked the names of some leading VPN apps listed above. Also, it might be confusing for you to choose the most suitable one among them.
Therefore, to simplify the matter, here we have explained the instructions of the two most popular and easiest VPN apps for safe internet access on Android without any data plan :
(i) FEAT VPN
(ii) DROID VPN
Know the fix for: dns probe finished no internet
Get free internet on Android Phones with FEAT VPN
- FEAT VPN requires a configuration file for establishing the server connectivity. So, download and store the required configuration data for the desired VyprVPN servers for further connection.
- Next, visit this website: www.featvpn.com from your Android system. Then download the FEAT VPN app and install it.
- Now, launch this app and hit “Setup” followed by “Run”. FEAT VPN will execute a sequence of tests to check if the installed VPN app is supported by your Android system.
- In case, it passes all the tests successfully, hit “Exit” button to proceed further.
- Hit “Tunnels” followed by “Add” to include a VPN connection.
- Under Configuration section, choose “Load” and browse the file path of the VPN configuration file you saved at the beginning.
- Select that saved configuration data for the desired VPN server that you want to configure.
- Next, hit the back button. The VPN server that you chose to configure will be automatically noted under VPN tunnel.
- Now, hit the VPN tunnel that you created shortly for internet connect. The notification of a newly attempted VPN connection will appear on device screen.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions for entering the required credentials.
- Finally, hit OK on completing the on-screen prompts.
Within a few moments, the status of your chosen VPN server will be prompted as connected.
Get to know the fix for Internet error on Netflix: netflix error code m7111-1931-404
Steps to use free internet access on Android with DROID VPN
DROID VPN is similar to the previous VPN where you won’t require any data plan for accessing the internet. Both the DROID and FEAT apps are available for download from Google Play Store.
Here are the instructions to setup DROID for free internet:
1. Firstly, download and install the Droid VPN software on the android system.
2. Register the app account with desired username, password and a valid Email address.
3. Next, visit Connection Settings and tap on “Connection Protocol” option followed by “Select TCP”.
4. Now ‘HTTP Headers‘ will be prompted on screen. Hit that option and tick on it to activate HTTP Headers.
5. Enter “Host:get.wynk.in/X-Online-Host:get.wynk.in/” as Custom HTTP Headers and tap OK.
6. Access ‘DroidVPN’ app and choose any currently available connection.
7. Then tap on “Connect” to get connected with DroidVPN.
Your Android device will now be successfully connected to the internet for free and secure browsing.
Note: The above mentioned steps may slightly vary depending upon the version or model of the Android device you are using.
You might also be interested to more about the CQATest App.
Now you have a complete idea on How to Get Free Internet on Android and hope the above guide helped you. This free internet vpn trick for android 2020 really works and is a great way to use the internet without data plan. Now if you do get stuck somewhere in the process, let us know in the comments and we will help you with the fix.