For gamers, it is common to know about discord awaiting endpoint error that indicates a server error. The discord is a platform for online streaming that gamers use to send text messages, voice notes, and video calls as required. Users of PC, iOS, and Android devices can access this platform with ease of steps. There are several other cases relating to discord due to server issues.
Discord is a common one solving, which is not that hard. With little technical knowledge, it is easy to solve this error. However, we bring some of the easiest methods to try to solve the error for the ease of fixing the error. But before knowing about the methods in detail, let us know in detail about the error.
What is discord?
The error message is common to the gamers, and the discord is a VoIP application that facilitates the image, text, and audio communication. This is mainly to establish a connection between the players in a game on the online stream platform through the chat process. The discord also indicates the number of users who are involved in the online game through the streaming platform. However, the message relating to discord api errors can show up across different types of the operating system.
What do you understand by the ‘awaiting endpoint’ error?
The error message shows up owing to an unstable internet connection. The server error is due to the discord’s problem. After opening the platform, it tries to connect to the server, showing up the message. The error message shows up when the platform is unable to connect with the server correctly. The error can show up now and then. So to fix it by following simple steps, the following part shall help.
1. Altering the server region for fixing issues
There is a chance to eliminate the error by altering the server settings on a temporary note. By changing the server, it helps to try and reconnect the platform with the server. In due course of establishing the connection, it tries to fix the issue. But the question is how to change server region? To change the server region, the following steps need to be followed.
- First, you have to open the discord platform
- Following this, you have to open the settings menu, and click on the ‘sever settings’ option
- Soon after clicking on this, many servers show up on the screen
- As you click on any app, it is time to refresh the application
- Now, you have to return to the home page of the app and then you will find that the error disappears
By following the steps, the issue can be fixed if related to the platform’s server.
2. Check internet connection
Try to open a website from the browser, and if it opens up quickly, it indicates that the internet is stable. In case the problem is relating to the internet connection, it is better to try to establish the connection again. If you restart the router and plug in the cable, the internet connection may become stable. So, rebooting the modem and the router can establish the connection again and solve the issue. If a reboot does not help, it is better to check the network’s admin section and try to change the default setup.
Check Out: The Fix to discord text formatting
3. Steps to reinstall the discord application
It is often said that reinstalling the application is not a suitable option to fix the server issue. However, the problem may show up owing to cache memory issues. Therefore, uninstalling the application may help.
- Type “task” in the search bar that shows up, and then you have to click on the ‘open’ option under the task manager
- Now, from the process’s list, it is better to look for the one relating to discord. After this, you have to click on the ‘end task’ option
- Following this, you have to click the ‘start’ button and then go to the ‘apps’ option from the settings option
- You have to click on the discord option and try to uninstall it
Following these steps, a window will show up on the screen where you have to confirm the uninstall option. Soon after this, the discord app will start to uninstall.
- Now, you have to click on the start button and press R following which the Run app opens up
- After this, type ‘%appdata%’ and click on the ‘enter’ option
- Now, you have to select the discord folder and delete it by right-clicking on it
- Again, in the run command box, you have to type the %localappdata% and click the enter option
- Again, you have to select the discord folder and delete it
- Now, you have to reboot the system
- From the discord download list, try to get the latest installation package
- As you right-click on the file on the system, click on the ‘show in folder’ option
- Now, you have to select the DiscordSetup file and then double click on it to start the installation
Using a VPN
IP setup can cause problems with the discord. In this case, it is better to try installing a free VPN or virtual private network to check whether it can fix the error message that tends to come up now and then. Try to go by the following steps to get suitable results.
- First, open the discord platform and check whether the error is still showing up
- Following this, you have to download a VPN application available in the net and try to use the latest version of the application
- Now, you have to open up the application and try connecting it to the server
- After this, you have to open the Discord application to check whether the error message still appears
Therefore, either a single step or you may have to try all the steps to try to fix the error. When performing the steps, make sure that you follow it correctly. It shall help to fix the error message easily. It hardly requires any technical message to fix the error and establish the required message.
Therefore, by going through the methods mentioned above, it shall help you better understand how to fix the discord awaiting endpoint error. There is nothing to worry about if you do not have any technical knowledge. To change the server on discord, the above said steps are the suitable ones to try. Even though awaiting endpoint is a common error, fixing the discord is an easy one provided you follow the methods detailed above. Understanding the reasons that trigger the problem will help you better fix the issue and resolve it. Check the server connection and try to use the latest version of the discord application.