Who doesn’t love the legendary Game Boy console. It may be one of the first consoles that ever introduced the world of gaming to an entire generation. If you’re a gamer then you may like to play games on your windows PC, Linux or Mac systems but the only issue with the gameboy is that you will have to get a 32-bit handheld video game console to play one of the gameboy games. In the list below, you will find 10 best GBA emulators for PC, android OS and Mac OS.
What is an Emulator?
An emulator can be any hardware or software system that simulates the actions of a real hardware or software. It simply copies or rather imitates the functions of a system. An emulator helps the host system to be able to run tools, applications or other devices which are designed for the guest system.
1. VisualBoy Advance (VBA-M)
VisualBoy is a very popular portable gaming consoles that has an excellent performance. VisualBoy Advance is one of the oldest and trusted Game Boy Advance emulators in history that you must try once. With the change of time, the hardware has also changed. Past times devices used to have slow emulators. But now they have changed, as well as the visual boy games have too advanced like advanced hardware. Now this game comes with modern features.
The game is now changing the old gaming experience due to various functions. Now it is more fun to play this game. In this game, you have features such as cheating, saving states, creation, and many more.
- The Game Boy Color comes with compatibility with the Game Boy and GameBoy Advance ROMs.
- It also supports full-screen mode
- This game is straightforward to set up. And it is also effortless to operate.
- Whenever you want, you can easily save this game anywhere.
- It also supports Joystick.
- Cheat code also support that makes fun
- This game lacks in that this game cannot run well on older hardware.
2. mGBA – Best GBA Emulator for Windows PC
Presently this game is one of the brilliant GBA Emulators for PC because of its specifications. It is very easy to run mGBA Emulator. Whenever you run this GBA ROM game on your PC, you will be delighted to see its amazing gaming experience. This game will come with few more features on pc. The additional features given in it arrives in your PC with the ability to save the game. There are also some patches for the game that you can’t even run, and this can spoof support for the code as well.
- It supports GBA Emulator cheat codes, and this game allows users to use cheat codes very easily.
- It supports an extensive list of GBA Emulator games.
- Fast-forwarding features and rewinding also in this game.
- It is also effortless to set up and easy to use whenever you want.
- This game lacks in some of the best advanced features.
3. Higan GBA Emulator for PC
The Higan GBA emulator allows you to play GBA games on your PC. This emulator runs very smoothly and also compatible with most hardware. This game allows a user to easily control the emulator whenever he wants. Apart from this emulator GBA games, the Higan GBA emulator also supports Famicon, Mega Drive, Sega Master System, Super Famonic and Emulation for Gameboy Color, Mega Drive as well as Game Gear.
- This emulator is not very difficult to setup.
- The features of this game will delight you.
- This emulator supports the vast majority of ROMS.
- This game works on PC multi-system
- Full-Screen support and easy to run on pc
- Easy to install on your windows.
- In this emulator, sounds are a bit slow some games.
4. No$GBA Emulator
No$ GBA emulator is a quite popular emulator for GBA. It is the most played game in today’s times; it gained much acclaim and fame due to its unique name. It can play GBA games. This emulator can also run Nintendo DS games, which doubles its characteristics. There are two versions of this GBA game, the gaming version and the debug version. Its most additional features are that it is capable of running very smoothly in both DOS and Windows.
- This game supports multiplayer.
- It Supports ROM and multiple NDs.
- Its graphics are perfect, and it supports good graphics.
- Accessible to runs GBA and DS games.
- This game outperforms the fact that it does not yet have some excellent advanced features.
5. BatGBA – Great GBA Emulator to Run GBA Games on PC
If you are looking for a good GBA Emulator that is easy to run as well as it has multiple functional features, then BatGBA emulator is perfect for you. This emulator has many features. It becomes effortless to work in all kinds of PC settings. It is effortless to operate, and it takes up very little space. It runs on all types of hardware.
- The BatGBA is perhaps one of the easiest GBA emulators in this list.
- This emulator supports many kinds of ROMS and BIOS images.
- There is not much knowledge required to run this game.
- This game lacks in that it has no advanced features.
Download BatGBA for Windows PC here.
6. RascalBoy Emulator for PC
Talking about the best games for PC, RascalBoy Gameboy Advance Games Emulator is also no less than anyone. This emulator also has many excellent features which makes it different from others. RascalBoy Gameboy Advance Games is now updated with even more advanced features which is very fun to play. The game is minimal in size, but it does a great job. It is very easy to run in all types of GBA ROMs. If you like to play the game, then you must download it once on your PC.
- This emulator supports multiplayer gaming.
- It is a small size emulator.
- Fraud code supported.
- The RascalBoy emulator now supports multiple languages.
- Also easy to operate.
- The interface of this emulator was a bit too simple.
Download RascalBoy for PC here.
Advanced features of BoycottAdvance makes it great for playing on PCs. It is one of the best Nintendo games for PC. The emulator requires a BIOS for all ROMS, commercial and non-commercial. It is easy to install and operate.
- It supports full-screen mode.
- It supports quickly open recent games
- It is effortless to play, save, and load state with this emulation.
- This game does not support the old Windows XP at all.
DreamGBA is an excellent choice if you’re looking for another lightweight GBA emulator. It is one of the most world-wise used popular Pc Emulators. One thing that we loved here is that DreamGBA doesn’t consume many resources even though it is so lightweight.
- It is effortless to install and operate.
- It runs all versions of windows.
- It has no unique features
If you are looking for the best choice GBA game, which is easy to run as well as it has many features, then Mednafen is perfect for you. This emulator has many features. Mednafen is a multi-system emulator that supports Neo WonderSwan, Geo Pocket Color, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, Atari Lynx, etc.
- Mednafen is a multi-system emulator
- The rewinding feature of this emulator is impressive that makes the best GBA Emulator.
- It is a command-line interface-style emulator.
10. GB Enhanced+
Now comes the last emulator on this list, which is a very knowledgeable game; you can install this game very quickly and play. It is on your PC at any time. The design of this game makes your mind very thrilled in it; the points are also prominent. There are good ones that make this game quite different from others.
GB Enhanced+ is a multi-platform emulator; if you have a Windows system, a Linux PC, or a computer that runs macOS, you’ll have no issue playing your favorite ROMS. This emulator is a full-featured product.
- Easy to run on pc and operate.
- The four-player adapter is great for multiplayer gaming sessions.
- In this emulator, there are more than a few ROM customization options.
- If you play multiplayer in this emulator, you will need a perfect fast Windows PC.
You now have a list of all the different emulators which are compatible with various types of operating systems ranging from GBA emulators for PC, android and other types of application. We will keep updating the entire list as and when we find a new GBA emulator.