The best ABC watch is the one that is compatible with your smartphone needs. While selecting an ABC watch, you must always consider the price of these watches. An ABC watch is not just a fashion trend, but much more than that. ABC stands for Altimeter, Barometer and compass in totality. That means it must have all these features in it to understand the altitude, air pressure and orientation properly.
The ability to take in all these readings makes this watch different from all other watches available in the market. In some of them, you may find additional features like weather resistance and GPS, which makes them worth purchasing. Before you invest your hard-earned money on an ABC watch, you must go through this buyer’s guide, which will enable you to select the one which fulfills all your requirements.
List of the Top 15 ABC Watches 2020
You may consider purchasing the Garmin Fenix 3 watch if you are looking for a watch that can function effectively during your outdoor activities. Though this is a bulky piece, it can track the details like speed both in case of races as well as swimming. Apart from that, it tracks calories burned, and distance travelled according to GPS feed.
- Social media integration makes it handy for pro athletes to track data.
- It is available at a reasonable price for anyone who is looking to buy a budget ABC watch.
- The battery lasts for about 20 hours when in full function mode and nearly six weeks when in normal watch mode.
- It uses the Wi-Fi connection and has all the essential ABC functions.
- It has an inbuilt Bluetooth adapter.
- Due to its lightweight, you can carry it conveniently.
- The Garmin Fenix 3 can effectively function during rigorous outdoor sports activities like military drills.
- Unlike other watches, it can track the speed; heart rate thus accomplishes many pro-health purposes.
- At the same time, you get a smartwatch as well as a GPS tracker.
- The size is a bit too bulky.
- The screen seems to be dull when at low light conditions.
Notes: The Garmin Fenix 3 tailored for outdoor, and hence it is a perfect pick for the athletes.
Lots of users complained about the size and clarity of the screen of Garmin Fenix 3 due to which the company launched an updated version in the form of Garmin Fenix 5. This watch is handy with improved screen resolutions, which enables the users to use the screen even in dark situations.
- This watch has all the features of an ABC watch.
- It has an inbuilt GPS function with TOPO mapping, and the waterproof feature makes it the top pick for the divers.
- There is an inbuilt heart rate sensor, Bluetooth adapter and Screen resolution is 240p x 240p.
- The screen is bright at night, unlike Fenix 3.
- Compatible with fitness apps.
- Tracks health and performance effectively.
- Expensive due to all added functions.
Notes: If you want to invest the right amount on an ABC watch, then this is the best pick.
If you are tech-savvy and looking for a wristwatch that can sustain weather conditions, then you can opt for the Suunto Core ABC watch. It is one of the perfect watches designed to face all types of climatic conditions. This watch helps you to track air pressure reading with accuracy along with the altitude.
- This is a waterproof watch that makes it perfect for 100ft underwater diving.
- The altimeter of the watch provides you altitude along with the distance and length but not the pressure.
- When it is used usually, then the battery lasts up to a year.
- Accurate altimeter elevation reading.
- It comes with all the essential ABC functions and accomplishes all the industry standards.
- Good battery life when used as an ordinary watch.
- No inbuilt GPS feature, which is a significant drawback.
- Poor lighting conditions and the screen is dim, which makes reading difficult.
The lack of a useful feature of the GPS tracker of Suunto core doesn’t mean that you can’t rely on the brand for the best ABC watch. You can go for the Ambit 3 of the same brand. This watch is the best watch for an athlete, swimmer or a runner. Therefore, if you are looking for a watch that can enhance your training sessions, then this smartwatch is a good pick.
- Gets easily synced with health tracking apps.
- Tracks altitude, pressure and compass accurately.
- It comes with all the basic ABC features along with a heart rate monitor strap.
- Available in three variations, namely Ambit 3 run, Ambit 3 sport and Ambit 3 peak.
- A practical choice for the triathletes while training.
- A large screen enables easy and quick reading.
- Accuracy in barometer, altimeter and compass readings.
- The bulky size of the watch.
- GPS is not accurate underwater.
- Commendable accuracy in barometer, altimeter and compass readings of the clock.
Though many of you may not get satisfied with the size of the watch, still Casio pathfinder PAG240 is one of the best Casio ABC watches when it is about collecting the data. One may look for the best ABC wait only for the data, so this is one that you must opt for. Besides that, contour mapping and navigation are also quite useful.
- It comes with an inbuilt solar charging option that works even when you are out in the sun.
- Tells time for more than 31 different time zones.
- Water-resistance stainless steel material case which works effectively underwater.
- Considered as a military watch.
- Durable and has solar-charged batteries.
- Commendable battery life.
- The inbuilt data for all time zones.
- Quite heavy and bulky
- The volume of the alarm is too low
The Casio Pro Trek black sports watch is a sturdy watch that can bear up a fall or all sorts of pressure quickly. It is also solar-powered, which helps in getting accurate ABC readings. Hence, these features makes it one of the top ABC watches from our list.
- This design has G-shock technology, which enables it to tell you the time of different time zones.
- It comes with different alarm systems.
- Has inbuilt water resistance which can withstand 100m underwater dive.
- There is Analog as well as digital displays for different readings.
- As it has a solar-powered battery so it can last for six months easily.
- It comes with a one year warranty from the company.
- Suitable for mountain climbers due to its feature of low-temperature resistance.
- Sensor alerts for adverse weather conditions.
- Quite bulky and heavy for using it every day.
- Price is a bit on the high end.
If you are in love with the features of Casio but can’t spend too much on the watch, then Casio Pro trek is the one that you must opt for. The battery life lasts for more than nine months, and at the same time, it is cheaper than the above version.
- It provides you world timings for varied time zones.
- It is waterproof and works effectively, even underwater.
- It comes with all the essential ABC functions with exact equivalent to Casio standards.
- Afterglow and Backlit LED feature provides visibility even in low lights.
- Budget-friendly and has all relevant ABC functions.
- Solar chargeable batteries.
- Long battery life.
- It is not a smart watch, so if you are looking for ABC features as well as a smart watch, then this is not the appropriate choice.
Casio is the brand loved for manufacturing various types of ABC watches at different price ranges. This is another fantastic watch that works effectively when you want one for outdoor activities. The G shock Mudmaster can withstand all sorts of outdoor conditions without a single scratch. It is available in a stainless steel case with shock resistant, vibration resistant and water-resistant features.
- Mud resistance features make it appropriate for outdoor activities.
- Its surface is scratch resistance along with double LED light, which provides clear visibility even in poor lighting conditions.
- It gives accurate reading with basic ABC tracking features.
- It can automatically adjust the atomic clock by making use of radio signals.
- Withstand any weather conditions
- Durable and sturdy watch is used every day.
- It comes with Super sturdy straps that will not wear down easily.
- Comfortable to wear and fits in nicely.
- It is not like a regular dress watch.
The Suunto Baro watch is a quite effective watch that enables you to set a goal, and thus it can motivate you to achieve it. It has a good battery life and therefore withstands tough terrain when you are involved in the outdoor activities. It has a significant bezel and heart rate monitor beneath the watch for athletes and sportspeople. This has an extra feature with the ability to remove the band, which enables you to change the groups according to the moods and requirements.
- Optical heart rate sensor, which enables you to monitor heart rate effectively.
- It can be used in tough weather conditions.
- Create GPS tracking without using the actual GPS.
- Alerts when battery life is not enough
- Choose different settings to save battery
- Reminder for charging the battery
- Appropriate user interface
- This watch lacks compatibility between devices and apps.
- It can’t record appropriate data during work out.
Garmin is a well-known brand for its amazing gadgets. Garmin Tactix Bravo is another amazing creation of this brand. This is an updated version of Garmin FenixFenix with a lot more features and the addition of some military-style features. If you are one who is interested in outdoor sports, then this is the one which can make the difference in your outdoor adventures.
- It has a wide round bezel that provides a cool look.
- Sapphire display makes it scratch and water resistant.
- Proper GPS accuracy and connectivity.
- Comfortably use it at night time.
- Charge and use it at the same time
- Proper satellite reception when you are outdoor
- It has tactical features that are beneficial for fitness freaks.
- It is a bit high on budget.
Casio is undoubtedly one of the reputable brands which make it different from all other available watches. The cutting edge technology present in this watch is appropriate for the ones who are environmentally conscious people. It makes use of solar energy for charging. It has a sleek and lightweight design due to which it is comfortable on the wrist.
- Comes with six sensors with constant updates
- Excellent bearing capability along with water-resistant
- Six different alarms from 31 different zones
- It is a super lightweight ABC watch.
- Accurate readings which provide weather alerts.
- Easy to find location and track temperature.
- Good battery life.
- You can afford it but not that cheap.
- The screen becomes dark in low light conditions.
When you want to invest in a super bright, durable and sleek watch, then you can go for Suunto Traverse. This watch has been designed for regular GPS tracking and navigation, which can be used around your wrist while you are involved in outdoor activities. The excellent reading of positioning at times without failure helps you to retrace your steps effectively.
- It can function effectively for more than 14 days when it is not in a GPS mode while when GPS is switched on, then the battery lasts for nearly 8 hours.
- This is one of the lists of the best ABC watch as it has excellent ABC features.
- It measures pressure and sea level without failure.
- Quite durable, waterproof and scratch-resistant.
- Functional silicone straps make it comfortable.
- There is no such con for this watch.
Apart from Casio and Garmin, Coros is another reliable brand which is effective for outdoor activities. This is quite suitable for tough terrains and very useful for mountain climbers. Apart from all other features that a good ABC watch must have, it has the ability to track the oxygen level.
- Battery life lasts for 45 days.
- Compatible for all temperatures.
- Waterproof so it can be used underwater.
- Ease to use
- Comfortable for all-day
- Accurate reading of ABC data
- Quite expensive
- Bulky in size
This is another watch from the Garmin brand, which is quite stylish and built for outdoors. The Garmin Forerunner effectively tracks the fitness activities and, apart from that, teaches you how to train your body in a better way.
- This is a multisport watch with an active HR monitor.
- Compact training features.
- Accurate GPS feature and water-resistant feature
- Comfortable to use
- Looks stylish
- The impressive GPS tracking feature
- It is quite costly.
If you want a smartwatch or ABC watch, which is excellent for mountaineering, then this is the right choice. This watch won’t break and has all the features that you may need while you are in the mountain. It provides you with relevant details regarding the pressure, climatic conditions and updates you about the altitude.
- Five alarm sets and automated calendar
- Perfect for hiking and has all ABC features.
- The battery can last for more than 18 hours.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Useful for sportspersons
- Made of high-quality material
- There is no such con yet.
Thus, these are the 15 best ABC watches which are useful for different people as per their requirements. Using the reviews, you have to choose the one which is in your budget and fulfills all your needs.
You can also read our guide on the Best Smartwatches Under 50 $ to Buy in 2020
What is the best altimeter watch?
Considering different features of the best ABC watch, the Coros Vertix is one of the best altimeter watches which have been tested over time. If you are a mountain athlete, then you can invest in this because of its unbeatable battery life and amazing features. It not only helps you to measure the altitude but even track acclimatization and fitness.
What is an altimeter on a watch?
An altimeter is a function that is present in watches that enables you to measure the altitude. It first measures the atmospheric pressure and, according to provide you with the readings regarding elevation above sea level from a relatively fixed point. Usually, it includes information either in meters or feet.
How accurate are altimeters?
Traditional altimeters use atmospheric pressure to measure the altitude, which was sometimes affected and inaccurate. But the modern newly designed altimeters are calibrated to provide accurate information.
Can Apple watch measure altitude?
In most Apple watches, you will need your phone to get accurate data. Though if you have Apple watch series 3, then the condition will be different as it can measure altitude easily.
Does Apple Watch have an altimeter?
Earlier versions of Apple watches didn’t have an altimeter, but Apple watch series 3 has it. So, now you can quickly get altitude data on Apple watch and track your activities.
No matter what kind of person you are. If you are looking for an ABC watch then think of it as an investment since it is more than just a watch. You are going to get a lot of data from the watch. All of that data will only help you become a better version of you. We have asked a lot of our athletics friends and included all the best ABC watches to get your hands in 2020.