Brands that engage their online customers leave them with an experience they’ll never forget, which keeps them returning for more. Because of this very reason, conversational commerce has become popular with businesses. However, to achieve this, a great number of tools were involved, the implementation of chatbots being one of them.
Chatbots make it easy for brands to have real-time interactions with their customers. You’ve dealt with them in the casino industry while playing at Vulkan Vegas, the banking sphere while chatting with the American Express bot, and the travel sector while booking using Expedia. These programs are being used to handle basic customer queries to ensure prompt responses to clients.
There is yet much to look forward to. Chatbots have caused a paradigm shift in e-shopping, and this article explains its value. Follow closely until the end as we dive deep into how this AI-powered software is changing the future.
Conversational Commerce: What Does It Mean?
Conversational commerce refers to how digital businesses interact with their clients in real-time. Other e-commerce methods besides chatbots include messaging apps, Live Chat, and Voice Assistants. Conversational marketing includes services like product recommendations, product purchases, and 24/7 customer support.
Chatbots make shoppers navigate a digital store smoothly. It gathers a customer’s purchase pattern and makes custom recommendations. This AI tool makes one’s shopping experience personalized and convenient. It also gives clients access to necessary information without human interactions.
Challenges of Online Shopping in Our Digital World
Many things can discourage an e-shopper from buying products online. And even when someone successfully makes a purchase, there is no assurance that they’ll return some other time. While brands are working to build their online presence, here are common challenges customers face with e-shopping:
- Indecisiveness: Businesses’ websites usually contain many products, making it difficult for clients to research and compare their options. Without proper guidance, online shopping could be tedious and time-consuming;
- Dissatisfaction: A recurring concern from shoppers is disappointment caused by their previous purchase-related experiences. When customers feel like they didn’t get value for their money, they might steer clear of new electronic purchases on the same platform; and in case they face some extreme form of issue, they can even avoid online shopping in general;
- Unpredictable Customer Care: When customers are unsure where to channel a potential grievance about an online shop, they can be discouraged from using the platform. Defective products and delayed deliveries are common issues associated with e-commerce websites, and shoppers want to ensure they have functional customer care services.
The Benefits of Chatbots in Online Shopping
This AI assistant allows customers to interact with businesses in new ways. Clients can easily make online purchases while having access to the information and support they need. Moreover, brands can easily tailor their services to suit buyers’ interests.
Here are some of the benefits of chatbots in e-shopping:
- Improved Engagement: Including chatbots on your business’s website can contribute to increased engagement with your brand. This increase will happen because chatbot features allow users to learn more about your products. The tools can answer customers’ questions, make recommendations, and narrow their purchase options;
- Increase Online Sales: This revolutionary tool allows digital shopping providers to incorporate automation that buyers find useful. This AI bot makes cross-selling and upselling seamless. Personalized recommendations from the data gathered can satisfy users’ interests, thus boosting sales;
- Real-Time Feedback: With conversational commerce tools, you can quickly get feedback from your clients. Surveys and messages delivered to users after purchasing can help you know their opinion of your service. You can then work with their comments to improve your brand;
- Improve Brand Loyalty: Conversational commerce methods and personalized solutions show your shoppers that your business is worth their time and resources. Good customer experience and meaningful engagement are vital to retaining clients and building brand loyalty;
- Lower Cart Abandonment: Shoppers abandon their carts a lot while making purchases on digital platforms. Studies have shown that almost 7 in 10 customers do not make a purchase after choosing what they intend to buy. Using chatbots means customers are more likely to complete the shopping process since they are provided with details to ease the process. In lieu of this, clients are encouraged to complete purchases.
Take Charge of Your Business Today!
A recent study has revealed that businesses that use chatbots have recorded a greater increase in their yearly profit. Some experienced an increase that was as high as 25%, compared with the 7% they previously had. You can definitely leverage this advanced technology to set your business apart, like these other companies. The personal shopping experience, which used to be purely physical, can now be achieved using automation.
It’d surprise you to know that conversational marketing is estimated to reach up to $18.4 billion by 2026. Thus, it’s advisable to adopt chatbots as early as possible so you can have a competitive advantage as you grow your brand. What are you waiting for? You can join the train of industries that are building their online stores using this technology today!