So, you have bought a shiny new android phone and you are super excited about it. You are almost done setting up your new device, and the only thing left is to transfer whatsapp from android to iphone. Now, this is where you have got stuck because transferring whatsapp chats between these two operating systems does not happen in a straight and simple way. But, whatsapp being an important messaging app, you can’t simply carry on without it.
However, whatsapp transfer between iOS and android can be made easy if you follow the ideas given below. Read on to know more!
Method 1: Transferring Whatsapp through Dr. Fone
Dr. Fone is a brilliant app that lets you transfer your whatsapp chats to android from iPhone (and even vice versa!). In fact, it is an amazing backup and restore tool for multiple messaging apps, such as WeChat, Viber, Kik, and LINE.
The trial version allows you to back up the messages and preview them on the app, and the full version lets you transfer messages. All you need to do is download the app and your job is done in a few simple clicks.
Steps to transfer Whatsapp messages to from iPhone to Android
Given below are the simple steps you need to follow to transfer your whatsapp messages easily:
- Install Dr. Fone on your Mac or Windows device. Don’t worry about compatibility because Dr. Fone is compatible with all versions of both Mac and Windows. Connect the mobile with the PC and start the transferring process by clicking on the ‘Transfer Whatsapp messages‘ option.
- As the software detects the devices, you will get a screen that shows both of your devices with a transfer option given down below. Click on the transfer button and start the process.
- Transferring your whatsapp messages to your new android phone will take a few minutes. You will be prompted when it is done, and you can click on ok to finish the process.
The best thing about Dr. Fone is that you can transfer messages between all kinds of mobile OS using the app, and it will take not more than a couple of minutes to complete in each case. You will need to go for the paid version to transfer the messages, but it is totally worth it at the end of the day because your work is so fast and effortless. So, your issue of how to transfer whatsapp to a new phone is effectively solved now.
Dr. Fone Mother’s Day Sale
This Mother’s Day, Dr. Fone has something in store for all the mothers. The company announced lucrative discounts on the software packages, especially for all Moms. You can bag a whopping 80% discount on the various toolkits that the company offers with Dr.Fone Mother’s Day Sale. The company offers upto 20% price drop on particular items. Additionally, you can check out the features and prices of upcoming items.
Method 2: Transferring Whatsapp through email chat
You can use your email to transfer whatsapp data from iphone to android, and here are the steps to follow in this regard:
- Go to whatsapp ‘settings’ and click on ‘Email chat’ from the ‘chat settings.’
- Select the whatsapp chats that you want to transfer and choose whether you want to include media or not
- Type your email address and hit send to make your selected chats land in your email ID, which you can recover then from your android phone
Using this process to transfer whatsapp from ios to android is certainly super simple, but there are many reasons why it might not be a viable option for you. Firstly, you can send the whatsapp data to the android device, but you can only view it and not open it on whatsapp in the new phone. Secondly, you need to download the chats you have sent to your email within a month because the link will expire after that. Lastly, and most importantly, it’s a lengthy process that needs a lot of time to complete, so it is only fit to be used for the chats you really need.
Method 3: Transferring Whatsapp through chat backup
You can choose to transfer whatsapp messages from iPhone to android through chat backup, which is a better method than using email backup. Given below are the steps you need to follow:
- Open whatsapp on your iPhone and backup your chats from the ‘Chat Backup’ option under ‘Settings’
- After downloading and installing whatsapp on the android phone, sign into your account.
- Whatsapp will ask you if you want to restore data backup from the last time.
- Click on ‘Restore’ for restoring all you chats to your new android phone
A good thing about using this method to transfer whatsapp messages is that you need no added help from any software. Unlike the email method, you can actually view your chats and continue them, as you want. However, it is a highly time confusing method because backing up and restoring so much data takes quite a while. Moreover, your data will be lost, if you don’t backup your chats regularly. Chats older than a year are already lost, if backups aren’t run.