Most people know how to send an email, pdf, or a word document to someone using their mobile phones. But what if you need to send a fax to someone? The immediate question that comes to your mind would be “Who uses fax in the present age?”
You will be surprised to know that many organizations still use fax for official documents instead of emails. But how do you fax a document from your mobile phone?
You must have heard of sending a fax over the internet through computer software. Similarly, you can use a mobile phone application to send a fax online. There are many free apps available on the Google play store or Apple store. Most of the business approach to mobile app development companies for creating fax mobile apps.
However, the types of documents that may need to fax would often contain personal or sensitive information. Therefore, we do not advise you to send such documents using free apps since they do not take adequate cybersecurity measures.
Moreover, most of these apps will only let you send a few pages for free before they start charging you. In this article, we are going to talk about three of the best faxing apps that you can use depending on your requirements.
If you need to send faxes all the time due to personal or business needs, we suggest that you use RingCentral Fax. The faxing service is partly owned by Cisco and AT&T, which makes it an ideal choice for most frequent users. RingCentral fax offers several advanced security features with support for multiple users. It also provides support for separate fax lines.
You can use RingCentral from your computer, but they have an amazing mobile app that allows you to send faxes through your email. You can integrate the app with Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, and several other apps for convenient use. They offer different plans for different types of users, so if you need to send faxes occasionally, you can sign up for a less expensive plan.
If you just need to send a fax every once in a while, we suggest that you use eFax or MyFax. Both are owned by a company that practically invented the way to send a fax digitally. They have mobile apps that are convenient to use to send and receive faxes.
MyFax is a great option for occasional users since you can send up to 10 free pages through their application. Although this may not sound like a lot for business users, it is more than adequate for several individuals who only need to send a fax once in a blue moon.
If you feel that it is not enough for you, you can upgrade to their professional plan. MyFax and eFax may not offer all the security features of RingCentral, but both are more than secure to send any sensitive or personal information. You can also use either of them to send faxes via email.
If you are looking to compare features or other services start by reading a detailed article about faxing applications and how to choose one for your needs. This should help you understand what features to expect and the usual pricing.
Benefits of Online Faxing
People may not realize it, but faxing is still an essential part of business communication. Therefore you may need to find an affordable and efficient way to send faxes over the internet for your company. These are some of the benefits of using a faxing application from your mobile phone.
- Mobile faxing applications are easy to use. You don’t need to worry about buying a fax machine to send documents. You can type the matter on your email and send it to the recipient, or you can also take a picture of a document from your mobile camera and send it via the faxing application.
- Mobile faxing applications are the most convenient way to send a fax when you are on the go.
- Using a mobile faxing application is the least expensive way to send faxes. You won’t have to purchase a fax machine or pay the local store to send faxes. You will also save up on paper and printer ink.
- Your expenditure only grows as your business, since you can choose the plans based on your current needs. As your requirement grows with your business, you can choose a different plan that is better suited for you.
- They are an environmentally friendly option for sending faxes. You don’t have to waste paper and ink to print the documents before you can fax them.
- You can eliminate the need to have a huge fax machine in your office and clutter up your desk space.
There isn’t a single faxing application that can serve every person or company. Therefore you might have to try a few before you find the one that suits your need the best. We suggest that you start with the three that we mentioned in this article, and then look for other apps if they do not fit your requirements.