Lake Tahoe has a lot to offer and has been a flocked to vacation spot for years. The beautiful scenery and the many attractions draw people from all over the US and the world. Lake Tahoe also holds the vacation homes of celebrities and other influential people. For a fun family oriented vacation, a romantic couple’s getaway or an exciting trip with friends Lake Tahoe is the place. This Lake Tahoe vacation guide will show many of the great things this beautiful place has to offer including accommodations, restaurants and attractions.
Lake Tahoe Accommodations
No matter what someone’s visit is for or what kind of person they are Lake Tahoe has the accommodations for them. For families and big groups there are many vacation rentals available. These include cabins and houses, some situated right on the lake. Those who like the nightlife or the party scene might like to stay in one of the famous Lake Tahoe casinos. There they will have access to 24 hour restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
For those who want a relaxing vacation a Tahoe resort may be the way to go. Most of these resorts have pools, restaurants and spas available to pamper and relax guests. For those looking for luxury a Ritz Carlton just opened in Lake Tahoe and for those on a budget there are also cheap motels that are walking distance from the lake and other Tahoe attractions. Lake Tahoe has a place to accommodate any visitor’s wants and needs.
Lake Tahoe Restaurants
Like accommodations, Lake Tahoe also has a restaurant to fill every visitor’s needs and wants. They range from four star, upscale restaurants to casual dining places to inexpensive pizza parlors. There are seafood, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Thai and sushi restaurants to name a few. There are romantic restaurants that couples love that overlook the beautiful lake and family friendly ma and pop diners with family friendly prices. There are places that serve luxurious brunch buffets and places that serve simple American cuisine quickly for people on the go.
The restaurants and bars that are located in the casinos are often open 24 hours to accommodate their guests. For eco-friendly travelers, there are even a few all natural restaurants to serve their needs and for those who like chain restaurants there is even a Hard Rock Café, Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe Attractions
Lake Tahoe offers many fun and exciting activities to its visitors. The lake itself is the biggest attraction. One can go boating, do water sports, fish, go on a dinner cruise or just swim in the lake. The beautiful Lake Tahoe surroundings also provide many activities. These include camping, hiking one of the many mountain trails and skiing at one of the many famous ski resorts during the winter.
Lake Tahoe is also the home to many festivals and fairs, such as a Shakespeare festival held right on the lake or the many art and craft fairs where local artists sell their work. If one is not a real outdoorsy kind of person there are many casinos to keep them occupied where shows and concerts play nightly.
No matter what a person is looking for out of a vacation, Lake Tahoe offers it. It is the home of many great accommodations, restaurants and attractions.
Lake Tahoe Bed & Breakfast Inns
Beautiful Lake Tahoe, nestled in the Sierra Mountains and towering pine trees is a refreshing destination for a romantic getaway. The beautiful clear lake makes a dramatic focal point. Lake Tahoe visitors find a world of recreation, sports, spinit casino gambling and fine dining restaurants. Intimate, romantic bed and breakfast inns are located along the lake, hidden in the tall pines. For visitors who enjoy the serene accommodations offered by a bed & breakfast, following are some of the best in the area.
- Black Bear Inn Bed & Breakfast LodgeLake Tahoe, CA: Black Bear Inn was named one of the top 10 B&B in California, according to their website. The lodge consists of five luxurious guest rooms in a relaxing mountain setting. Each room has a private bath and gas fireplace. On the back of the ground are three spacious cabins and a hot tub gazebo beneath the pine tress. Each room can accommodate only two guests. The inn is not an appropriate setting for children under the age of sixteen, in keeping with their tranquil setting. The entire inn has free high speed Internet access. Full breakfast in included. There is a large library of complimentary DVD’s available.
- Chaney House. Tahoe City, CA: Historic, traditional stone lake front home among the towering native pine trees is located on the magical west shore of Lake Tahoe. The eighteen inch thick some walls were build by an Italian stone mason in the 1920’s. Gothic arches and the huge stone fireplace that reaches to the tops on the cathedral ceiling create a dramatic interior with old European atmosphere. Gourmet breakfast is served the formal dining room or on the patio, depending on the weather.
- Cottage Inn of Lake Tahoe at Sunny side. Tahoe City, CA: Peaceful, charming inn on the historic west shore. The cottages were built in 1938, with knotty paneling throughout. Cabins have private entrances and private baths with showers.
- The Shore House at Lake Tahoe. Tahoe Vista, CA: Peaceful setting in romantic locations with fabulous views of the lane and snow capped Sierra Nevada Mountains. Guest rooms each have a private outdoor entrance, private bath, gas log fireplace and mini refrigerator. The rustic walls are knotty pine. Custom built log furniture4e and Scanda down comforters and feather beds offer comfort. There is a large outdoor hot tub near the lake. Gourmet breakfast is served in the cozy lake front dining room.
- Fireside Lodge. South Lake Tahoe, CA: Newly remodeled, log cabin-style lodge captures the spirit of Tahoe. Tahoe themed suits and cabin have a rustic atmosphere that sports enthusiasts enjoy.
- Shooting Star Bed & Breakfast. Carnelian Bay, CA: Located on the north shore of Lake Tahoe, the casual, elegant rooms offer a comfortable stay. Homemade breakfast form original recipes.