Social media influencers can make your marketing efforts more fruitful and productive only if you know how exactly you should work with them.
- First of all, you will need to select the right social media influencers according to your niche industry, your audience, and your business goals.
- Next, you will need to create a robust, influencer marketing strategy. You can use one of the many templates available for it to design your marketing plan easily.
Ideally, influencer marketing is nothing but a collaboration with a person who can influence other people. Therefore, selecting the right type of influencer is the fundamental step in promoting your product and brand comprehensively to a broader audience.
Initially, the influencer market was limited to celebrity endorsements, but with the advent of digital marketing, today, it is much more than that. It is now an effective process to:
- To add more value to a brand
- To create more awareness and
- To reach out to a larger and more dedicated set of customers on social media.
If you team up with the right type of social media influencer, he or she will help you to get Instagram views more than you can expect from your traditional marketing approach, increase your sales and business revenue and ensure proper growth of your business.
Components of your strategy
In your influencer marketing strategy, you should include a few specific components to make it better and more effective. You must also follow a specific guideline such as:
- Choose the best topics that speak about the target buyers of your brand and influence them
- Assess the influencers suitable for your brand and fit contextually
- Select content of good quality that will ensure wider reach and greater engagement
- Align and provide value to your customers and your brand
- Engage with your influencers through emails and other social platforms and
- Offer compensation to them and ask them to form a mutually beneficial association.
Additionally, you must measure all the different metrics and earned media. This will help you to find out the right type of influencers as well as the topics that will uphold and uplift your brand and its value to the fullest.
Make sure that when you choose your influencers, you base your selection on these specific parameters:
- Your business goals
- The experience and follower count of the influencer and
- The content quality.
You may also experiment with varied influencer topics and verticals to find out the most engaging and fruitful one.
Creating your strategy
It is your strategy that will add value to influencer marketing with specific demographics. To create an effective strategy, you will need to make some deliberate planning and targeting. Like in any other form of marketing, you may not find instant success and therefore, will need to devote some time and effort to it.
- Research is the key here. You will need to find out the best social media network to use just as the best influencers to work with. You will be better off if you start with one such platform and later on extend your campaign to other networks.
- Find out the most effective ways in which you can create a better and consistent online presence on that particular network. This is important because demographics may vary from one network to another.
- Research a bit about your industry before implementing your influencer marketing strategy and selecting the platform to use.
Once you are done with your initial research, you must now focus on your budget. When you create your budget, make sure that you consider factors such as:
- Management and
- Review of your strategy.
You will also need some constant monitoring and follow-up because, unlike an automated marketing strategy, influencer marketing, which involves humans mainly, may fall behind the schedule and commitments.
The types to choose
You can choose from different types of influencer marketing according to your need and business goals.
- You can choose affiliate marketing using the influencers, which will help you a great deal to track your ROI. Accordingly, you can compensate your influencers for it quickly, depending on their level of accomplishments using their custom URLs. Affiliate marketing is a process where the influencers direct the users to their custom URL. This type of marketing is favored the most because it creates a perfect balance between sponsoring a service and ensuring creative freedom.
- You can choose to use your influencers and use unique discount codes for marketing. In this process, you will typically have to team up with the influencers to promote your brand using the discount codes. These codes are easy to track and very easy to embed as well in videos and graphics. You can also share them through podcasts and other mediums.
However, the best form of influencer marketing is through contests, giveaways, and competitions. This is because it will give your brand greater exposure, which will create more awareness and drive more engagement.
Looking at the statistics
Here are a few statistics about influencer marketing that will surprise you and encourage you to invest in this specific mode of marketing. The list contains:
- More than 70% of teens trust influencers instead of any traditional celebrity
- Nearly 86% of women rely on them and social media for making a buying decision
- 49% of all consumers rely on recommendations from an influencer
- Influencer marketing will provide an ROI of $6.50 on every dollar and
- It will help you in customer acquisition online.
It is for this reason that most notable brands now consider investing more in influencer marketing, which is considered to be much more useful than print marketing.
Track your ROI
Lastly, the influencer will help you to track your outreach and ROI, as this will help you to organize your correspondence. You will, therefore, be able to make the best of the opportunities most professionally. The experience of the influencers will not annoy or embarrass the users or make your campaign look more salesy.
Therefore, do not let anything hold you back from developing such an effective marketing strategy.