Cydia is an unofficial apps store that facilitates the iOS users to download and install unauthorized third-party apps that are unavailable in the App Store. But, there is a preconceived thinking among most iOS users that Cydia is unavailable on the native app and hence, to download it, they may have to jailbreak their iOS device.
However, in this article, I will show you
- Three methods to download and install Cydia even without jailbreak on your iOS 10 device
- I will also show you how to fix the “Cydia Not Working” issue
- Later, I also discussed how to download paid apps for free via Cydia
So, let’s begin!
Detailed Features Of Cydia App
These are the things you can enjoy on your Apple devices (of version 10) after downloading the Cydia app:
- Cydia app comprises software tweaks which you can use to enhance or improve the functionality of an app already existing on your Apple device. This gives you a better end result of your iPhone’s performance
- You can modify the interface outlook your iOS device by downloading themes and extensions
- You can do customizations and include new functionality to stock iPhone/iPad’s features
- You get a wide range of app alternatives to opt for your iPad or iPhone, accordingly
Methods To Download And Install Cydia Without Jailbreak For iOS 10
In essence, the Cydia app lets you download numerous apps for absolutely free on your Apple device, be it a jailbreaker or non-jailbreak device.
Now let’s move on to the steps to download and install Cydia with no jailbreak. Just make sure to install the best Cydia app that is free from malware as these kinds of unofficial apps are often susceptible to malware attack which if downloaded can harm your device and its data security.
Note: The only intent of this article is to help all you iOS users try out costly apps for free via Cydia before deciding to purchase the original version of that app via App Store. So, do not misuse this guide for commercial purposes. Else, you might face infringement from the native App Developers.
Through the Cydia app, you can download Hacked Apps and Games, Apps & Games, Premium Apps and Games, and Tweaked Apps and Games, all for free, both with and without jailbreaking.
When it comes to downloading Cydia, Apple devices can be categorized under two categories: 1) Jailbroken idevices where Cydia appears as a built-in AppStore after jailbreak, and 2) Non-Jailbroken idevices where Cydia isavailable with the unofficial (third-party) sources.
Before installing Cydia on your iPhone/iPad with no jailbreak, you must have a third-party app so that you can download Cydia. I have used the FlekStore app to demonstrate the Cydia download and installation procedure on your iDevice.
Here is how:
- Step 1: Click on the link below to download FlekStore on your iDevice without jailbreaking
- Step 2: Next, install the FlekStore app on your iPad or iPhone
- Step 3: Now go to FlekStore and hit the three-lined symbol present at the top right corner. There you will find different categories from which you have to find and tap on Tweaks option
- Step 4: On Tweaks you can find a huge collection of tweaks and apps. From there, you have to find the Cydia app and tap on that app to begin the installation procedure
- Step 5: Doing this will automatically move you to the Cydia installation page, there click Install located at the top right side.
- Step 6: Now navigate to the Install Profile page and again hit the Install button.
- Step 7: Now a pop-up notification will appear on the screen, asking if you want to begin Cydia installation or not. Simply hit the Install Now option and this will start the installation.
- Step 8: Wait until the installation procedure is completed. Then move to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad. There you will see the Cydia icon which means the app is successfully installed without any error notifications.
Well, that’s the wrap. If this method does not work out for you, follow the se on method, as demonstrated below.
In case the above method fails on your Apple device, try this alternative method as shown below:
- Step 1: Firstly, confirm if your iDevice is updated to its latest version. For that, simply go to “Settings”, then move to “General” followed by “About”. Then scroll down the screen to check whether the device’s iOS version is up to date.
- Step 2: Next, access the Safari browser on your Apple device. Then move to the link given below, copy it and paste the URL on your Safari browser “iskin.tooliphone.net”
- Step 3: Now navigate to a different page. There you have to tap on the Browse All themes button
- Step 4: After visiting the Themes page, you will see numerous themes. So, there you have to find the Fake Jailbreak theme. Once you get it, click on the same
- Step 5: Now, you will be at your selected Fake Jailbreak Theme. There, hit the Application icons button
- Step 6: Scroll down the page and tap on Silver’s Apps. Then hit the “Install icons” button located on the page below.
- Step 7: Again you have to install Cydia through the general installation procedure. After hitting the Install iCons button, you will automatically move to the Install Profile page. There, you have to tap on Install located at the top right section.
- Step 8: Now you will get a notification popping up from below the screen. There, you have to hit the Install to begin the process.
- Step 9: Finally, go to the home screen. There you will find the Cydia Installer. So, open it to start.
- Step 1: First of all, open your iPhone/iPad. Then access the Safari browser
- Step 2: Next, hit the link given below on the Safari Address bar
That link is the URL to the website developed by (unauthorized) third-party sources which is accessed in a mobile version.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the website. There you will find an arrow option appearing upside from the square. Hit the arrow.
Now, you will see a number of options appearing on the screen below. There, hit the Add to Home Screen button. It will look the same as shown in the link below.
- Step 4: Now, tap on the Add button located at the top right section.
- Step 5: Finally, navigate to the home screen. There, you will see that the Cydia is successfully installed without a fail.
So, these were the three methods that are successfully tried and tested, as you can guess from the images shared.
Now, what if an error notification showing “Cydia Not Working” appears? How will you fix the issue from reappearing? Find it out below.
Here’s How To Fix Cydia Not Working Issues
Cydia, being an unofficial AppStore, has a high possibility of facing Untrusted Enterprise Developer error pop-ups while you attempt to access the app through your iOS 10 device.
So, here is the fix to prevent that error message from appearing further:
- Step 1: Hit the Cancel button when the error message pops-up on the screen
- Step 2: Then tap on the below link to go to the Apps Profile Section
<= iOS 9 “Settings” >> “General Settings” >> “Profile” click on “Trust”.
iOS 9+ >= “Settings” >> “General Settings” >> “Device Management” >> “Profile” click on “Trust”
How to Fix Untrusted Enterprise Developer
- Step 3: Now hit Cydia on the Apps Profile section and then click on the Blue Link.
- Step 4: At last, click on Trust to use your Cydia app without any error notification.
So, what keeps you waiting? Just open the Cydia app and begin using it, without worrying about the error pop-ups, to download all the paid apps and games for absolutely free!
Here’s How To Use Cydia To Download Paid Apps For Free
I know many of you find it quite difficult to understand the entire procedure of downloading Premium games and applications from Cydia. But, that’s it. Now your worry ends with me showing you each step of how to use Cydia on non-jailbroken iDevices:
- Step 1: Open the Cydia app on your iPhone/iPad. This app is compatible with iOS 7+/8+/9+/10+/11+/12+ versions as well. Sign in the app with your login credentials. After that you will find there three different categories, namely; Home, Manager, and Settings, all at the bottom of the app
- Step 2: There, hit the “Manage” option
- Step 3: After that you will find another three categories, namely; Packages, Sources, and Storage. From there, you have to choose the Sources option
- Step 4: Lastly, you will get an option saying “Add Repos”. So, click to Add Repo URL
Note: In the last step, the effort will be completely yours to find and collect the app repo Url from the internet, and add it to the Add Repos option to download the application from Cydia.
Is it safe to install Cydia on non-jailbreak devices?
Well, it is no way safe to install Cydia on jailbroken devices either. However, as I mentioned earlier, if you are using it to try some premium app for free to determine whether that app is worth buying or not, then you can for Cydia download on non-broken devices. Luckily, the non-jailbreak Cydia allows you to install both the Apple apps and other modified apps without requiring jailbreak or any cost.
Does this app contain viruses?
Since Cydia is an unofficial version of the original AppStore, it may or may not have malware. So, downloading Cydia may or may not affect your iPhone/iPad’s native app. The good thing is although it is possible for viruses to slip onto your authorized AppStore, Apple features some hard-line processes before approving any app. So, even if your downloaded Cydia contains malware, it has rare chances of crashing your AppStore.
Note: It is a cakewalk for malware to make its way into Cydia. So, be very careful while downloading it and take considerable measures to safeguard your iDevice.
Are there any alternatives to Cydia?
Yes, there are numerous alternatives to Cydia. But, after a careful observation of the most used/preferred Cydia alternatives, I came up with the following:
- Installer is my personal favorite replacement for Cydia. This software alternative is packed with a wide collection of useful features. The app is supported by all iOS 9 to iOS 13 devices, supports OLED(Organic Light-Emitting Diode) mode, has a backup option to reserve all data sources and installed app packages.
- Sileo is another good Cydia alternative that features a contemporary user interface that has access to all installed repositories, packages, jailbreak news, etc. This software is compatible with all iOS 11 to iOS 13.5 devices.
- Zebra is the third best substitute for Cydia. Its features enable you to download and install software tweaks and your favourite apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. This package manager is devised to work with all iOS 8 to iOS 13 devices.
That is it! I hope the above guide will assist you in many ways to meet your Cydia requirement on your iOS 10 device. I am quite sure that out of those 3 methods of Cydia download and installation, you will surely find the fitting one for your Apple device. So, what are you waiting for? Open the Cydia and start downloading your desired gaming apps/tweaks for free!