When it comes to running sprint retrospective meetings, dev teams may follow the old fashion way and use sticky notes or the new, more trendy one, using online retrospective boards.
Let’s dive into the pros and cons of each solution so you and your scrum team can choose the best one to fit your needs.
What are Retro Boards?
A retro board is a retrospective tool that strives to make the method of sprint retrospective meeting something that is intriguing and highly effective. The board could be virtual, running online, in the cloud, or it can be done on a real whiteboard. In any case it is used as a place where team members can drop all of their thoughts, ideas and suggestions regarding the last sprint and next to come
Scrum teams can create an unlimited number of retrospective boards using already defined templates or by creating your own custom one. Once you have your board ready, the scrum master or the meeting facilitator can gather a list of action items to guarantee a better workflow and improved set of future sprints
Running A Sprint Retrospective The Old Fashion Way (Sticky Notes):
Reckoning about the old method of sprint retrospective meetings, the team members use sticky notes to write down what went well, what didn’t and what can be improved. It’s an easy to use tool and allows a little methodic break from the sometimes dull routine of work (stepping out of your computer screen into holding a pen and writing ideas on sticky notes).
The problem with using sticky notes is that they don’t always stay sticky plus they are not easy to keep. You’ll need your whiteboard for your next meeting, thus the sticky notes can not be kept and you’ll forget all about them (and the insights written on them).
It’s great if someone on your team takes the time to summarize it all or takes a picture of the board so you can all use it for the next sprint or retro e-meeting, but most people are lazy or overloaded with lots of tasks.
The Modern Retrospective Meeting (Online Retro Boards):
The recent retrospective meetings support online retro boards rendering it easy to note all valuable points. You have nothing to worry about keeping your remarks secret. You can add, modify, and store comments on the cards in online vintage boards. Recalling the previous retrospective meeting isn’t a far cry now, as you have saved on the cards on your retro board to review.
Great Things About Retro Boards:
- You can always access your retro boards (past, current, and future), appropriately arranged on the dashboard for your future use with quick and easily accessible filters.
- On retro boards, you can keep your boards open or secret from the specific people of your company.
- You have pre-defined and already customized templates to use for your retrospective meetings.
- You can add comments on an individual card, which you may then select to disclose, retain, or even allow the team to vote on them.
- To ensure that trends get accomplished following the retrospective, you can allocate particular strategy sections to units with remaining dates and memos.
- A simple drag-and-drop interface makes adding, modifying, and relocating cards a delight, allowing you to handle the cards easily.
- You may quickly arrange the old panels and particular cards by assorting them by the caption, dates, ballots, and other criteria.
- For summaries and demonstrations, you can share the cards and retrospective boards. You may also export cards and board to different formats such as CSV, PDF, or copy and paste into Slack.
How To Utilize Retrospective Boards Online:
To use an easy retro board, you need to create a free account with Retro (websites/app). You have several options for logging in. You must adhere to the stages and directions. Then, after creating your accounts, you may begin building infinite boards and sharing them with an unlimited number of team members. Now, you keep note of what happened in the meeting, how well it went, and what next you can do to improve things. As a result, your development workflow will improve significantly.
Oh, something to remind you, Retro Boards are 100% free, so you have nothing to lose.
Let’s go and flow with the flow!
The digital world makes all kinds of tasks easier. Once you start using retro boards, you forget about sticky notes by waving them bye-bye. The retro boards have taken-up charge of the retrospective meetings, and it’s the new future now.
Try out the free retro boards and tell us about its exciting features that no one can resist.
We wish you the best of luck with your future retrospective meetings.