We know the early images of our existence are about hunting and so it would be so much fun to be using the best youth crossbow available in the year 2020. We have curated a list of the top 7 crossbows for youth which are great for anyone who wants to start becoming a shooter or just take hunting as a hobby.
While framing the post, we talked to several of our friends who regularly go out in the woods and hunt. That helped us put together a buyer’s guide which will help you know everything necessary before picking up the crossbow that best suits you.
7 Best Youth Crossbow For Sale In 2020
If you are looking for a balanced crossbow, then this Barnett model is a total win-win. From draw weight to pricing and shooting efficiency, this one tops our list of best youth crossbows for hunting. With the right fundamental construction, it is a great one for the teens who are only beginners. The unique design also comes off quite durable and handy, which will be very good for youth to use. A very lightweight bow weighs only 6.5 pounds.
This incredible performer can shoot almost 400 numbers of grain bolts. Also, at the right speed of 256 feet per second and with 56 ft-lbs FKPE. The draw weight is also added to the fantastic feature, which is 100 pounds. It comes along with a rope cocking device for reinforcing the cocking. The company brags about providing the best youth crossbow to the world. It comes as quite comfortable and perfectly stable for use.
- High-quality equipment at a reasonable price.
- Compact sizing and comes off as lightweight.
- Easy for handling.
- There’s an adjustable butt pad.
- Laminated limbs, which is a Barnett signature for most fabulous grips.
- Seventeen inches length of limb tip to tip.
- Dimension: 34.2 x 18.2x 8 inches, perfect for beginners.
- Automatic safety enabled.
- Rope cocking involved.
- Speed is a perfect 256 FPS.
- This one crossbow model is a bit old-fashioned, and does not meet contemporary designs.
- The target range should be 30 yards, do not cover more than that.
2. Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit (175-Pounds) –Cheap Youth Crossbow
The second one is known for its accuracy and as well as targeted precision — the perfect features of appropriate height and weight. Applied complex mechanisms and shooting are apprehensible. The whole package comes along all the necessary equipment like scope, four pieces of the 16-inch aluminum arrow, wax, padded sling, quiver, cocking rope, etc.
It combines the two necessities of a crossbow: light in weight and accurate performance delivery. Also, they’ve built it a way that will be very easy for kids and adults too. This one shooting model makes the amateurs look like a pro within no time. If you are looking for a lighter device for carrying the most substantial bows, then this alternative might be the best.
This Inferno Fury Crossbow kit comes as a lovely and compatible package.
- The aluminum built with fiberglass technology gives it an edge over others.
- It comes as lightweight.
- It includes great recurve construction for avail shooting even at tighter places.
- There are extra safety features like anti-dry fire and thumb guard makes it commendable.
- It provides support for both the left and right-handed persons with the ambidextrous stock.
- The attractive camouflage design works for power and long-lasting durability.
- Red dot sight included.
- The package is totally equipped.
- Compact with a full dipped camo pattern.
- Renders utmost precision while shooting.
- While cooking, it can be cumbersome to handle.
- The site is not at all premium.
Barnett, the name speaks for itself. This one is the second model of the company, on our list.
When you are looking for the perfect combination of speed and power, this will be your answer. Barnett Recruit Terrain has an FPKE of 91.9 ft-lbs and the maxi,u speed of 330 feet per second. It is a perfect product for beginners and experts as well. The compact sizing only talks for the best. It comes along with a 4 x 32 scope. The rope cocking device is simply unmatchable. Also, this is a lightweight quiver, two numbers of 30-inch headhunter arrows, and lube wax. Perfect sizing of 34.2 x 18.25 inches, and the power stroke is 12.5 inches work for the best. Contemporary Trigger Tech Technology comes for a better prospect. The zero creeps release also an outstanding feature and overall stainless steel material is excellent handling.
- Very easy for assembling.
- Perfectly lightweight and at this price.
- It provides a red dot sight.
- Compound crossbow for better use.
- Anti-dry fire is included, providing automatic safety.
- Cocking is a type of rope cocking.
- The better speed of 330 FPS.
- Accurate targeting even from 50 yards of distance.
- Anti-vibration foot stirrup available.
- Cocking device is compatible
- The stock is composite and lightweight.
- Knock sensor is the specialty of the model.
- There is no sling that comes with the package.
- The built material is not that durable.
If you are in a search for short framed shooters for your youngster, your conquest ends here.
The Tenpoint Wicked Ridge is available with the best features. The rope cocking system is the attraction for the most as it requires no effort while cocking. Obviously, the self-retraction works behind it. You can shoot at a speed of 300 FPS with a 70 FPKE. The shooter weighs only 5.9 pounds and comes with a 3x multi-line scope.
The whole package includes an ACU-52, cocking system, Wicked Ringe instant detach, 3 arrow quiver, and 3, 18-inch ranger carbon arrows. Also, there are 100 numbers of grain practice points, which makes it more than enough. It strikes right at 10.8 inches, and the 150 lb draw weight is light enough for cooking purposes. It also provides excellent yardage for beginners — overall, an intuitive approach for the beginner hunters.
- It is quite handy when it comes to assembling.
- The shooting range is incredible, and the accuracy is regular.
- There is a self-retracting mechanism that works for the reduction of the draw weight up to 50 percent.
- The scope has multiple linings.
- The length and weight are ideal, even for the ladies.
- It comes with a complete yet compact package.
- The crossbow body is sleek and integrated.
- Powerful enough to deliver maximized speed of arrows.
- There is no rope cocking included.
- A bit costly.
The fifth mention on our list is the SA sports model. This is the perfect hunting accessory for the starters and experienced as well. With a definite speed of 240 feet per second and lighter weight of only 4.8 pounds, it screams precise aiming. It comes under the category of a recurve design crossbow, which is rare to find. The whole package also includes 4 numbers of arrows and padded shoulder sling. All of these countable features are available only at $135, which is quite affordable.
The fully dipped Camo Pattern is another marvelous attribute. The draw weight is 175 pounds and power strikes at 10.25 inches. Sizing also perfect for teen hunters, a 31 x 27 inches one. The shooting capacity is terrific too. A complete starter package for beginners. When it comes to protection, it’s a 10 on 10. Majorly because of the ambidextrous auto safety that tops over others with the anti-dry safety. Lover by the kids and their parents and grandparents as well.
- Anti-dry fire safety is a useful feature.
- The scope mount is adjustable and comes with a weaver style.
- The barrel is quite comfortable and obviously lightweight.
- The quiver is quickly detachable.
- The larger boot style foot stirrup is perfect for handling.
- The precision is maximized with incredible equipment.
- High-performance crossbow.
- Reasonable pricing.
- The quality of the scope is not good.
- The bow does not shoot fine.
6. XGear Crossbow – Most Accurate Youth Crossbow
This archery equipment is the most proficient one. If you can overlook the draw weight part, then this is the ultimate crossbow suitable for the youth. Designed for many older kids but works for the experience too. The safety system protects it from the dry fires, which hold the potential that causes more significant damage to the expensive crossbow. The red dot sight makes its use a lot easier. Although, the draw weight problem can readily be solved by including string and cocking pipe.
Also, with the necessary equipment provided, you are getting the one-stop solution to all your needs. This is one significant advantage of having this product by your side, exceptionally time-saving. The maximum speed is 210 feet per second, which is quite okay for beginners. The 4 numbers of 16 inches aluminum arrows are going to convince you to make a purchase.
- An anti-dry fire mechanism provides proper protection.
- 3 red dot sight scope included.
- The aluminum arrows are suitable for use.
- It comes with a string and a cocking rope for secure handling of the draw weight.
- One package to get you started with hunting.
- Durability is high.
- It comes off as a lightweight shooter.
- Quality crossbow within an affordable price.
- Quite easy to use.
- Fast speed is a critical feature.
- The set up is also convenient.
- It also includes sling.
- The draw weight is a little bit heavy.
- Not suitable for kids below the age of 16.
Parker Bushwacker has crawled back its position in the market after a series of upgrades. They have redesigned and rebuilt their crossbow design from scratch, making them more accurate and precise than ever. It looks even more contemporary with the newer additions of Micro-limb technology and ergonomic stock. According to the company, it is the safest bow around the market. The contoured forearm grip provides the utmost handling. The auto engages feature adds a new layer of protection.
The commendable and complementary feature is worth the money. The package includes C306 IR and also the 3 times illuminated scope.ultra-compact and ultra-lightweight model is one of the handy models available in the market. The developed USA craftsmanship not only makes it more stylish in looking but also it enhances the maximum durability. Additionally, the G@ trigger system works beautifully for both the left and right-handed individuals. Our list of crossbow might have been incomplete without mentioning this Parker model.
- The construction comes as durable.
- The advanced safety feature makes it a long-lasting one.
- The crossbow equipment is portable and provides accuracy.
- Attractive design specially made for the kids.
- The model is ultra-lightweight.
- The quiver is quick to detach.
- The 4 arrows include field points for easier access.
- The scope is multi reticle one.
- The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty.
- More comfortable to maneuver in a ground blind.
- High speed for greater accuracy.
- Quite expensive, among others.
- The cocking rope is not available with the package.
A Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide for Finding the Perfect Youth Crossbow
Safety & Protection
This one tops our guide because the single most important thing is the safety of your kids. You should know whether you are investing your money in the right place or not. The crossbows we have talked about, generally include an in-built firing mechanism, so you gotta be careful. Make sure the crossbow has the automatic safety and the anti-dry fire system before making a purchase.
The Proportion of Size vs. Weight
These are equally important and worth considering. If the weight is too heavy, then it will be challenging to hold it steadily. Your kid should have easy access to the bow, so it better not be hefty.
The size is also an essential fact. Watch out if your kid is compatible with the size or not. Too big or too small a size might create frustration in them.
Look for the low pricing as a starter. You don’t know if your kids are gonna take up archery in the l.ong run or not. So expensive crossbows would not make a good option for gifting a beginner. Therefore, we have a focus on affordable crossbows while choosing the top 7 for you. Also, as a novice, kids should first practice with the basic ones before jumping on to the modified bows.
The Draw Weight Factor
This one gets counted as the most crucial factor of all. This can be briefed as to the maximum effort that goes for the pulling of the string right before the shot. The original draw weight tends to be larger, but equipment like rope cocking makes it easier to load. It will be better for you if you are willing to check out if there’s a cocking device available or not.
If you wanna get through this, never overlook this factor. Make sure your crossbow package includes all the scopes, quivers, bolts, and other essentials. Otherwise, you have to buy them separately, which calls for another thing to think about. Also, look for extra equipment in case there are any replacements. Always go for the option offering the additional ones.
Kinetic Energy in Foot-Pound: The FKPE Factor
This one is a bit difficult to track, but regarded as an essential one. This is the factor that measures the strength of the arrow while making a shot. The indicator should be thrown with enough kinetic energy to make a hit on the target. To deal with bigger goals, the bow must hold higher energy for the time being. A more excellent FPKE value always indicates higher power. The speed and weight are the primary factors working for it. So make sure you have all the details with a proper check.
Compound vs Recurve
These are the two major types of crossbows that are available out there. The primary difference lies in the design pattern and the necessary tension retention of the arrow. The recurved ones usually look like the ancient ones with a curved bow. The bowstring here comes quite flexible. Whereas, the complicated ones are those who uphold contemporary mechanisms. These are capable of firing arrows at a much higher speed. So it is up to you which factors amongst this too you would consider before hitting the market. Make a smarter choice on whether to go for the speed of fashion, and you will have your answer.
Choosing the best youth crossbow can be a difficult task if you are a beginner but once you buy your first crossbow then you will love the whole experience of using it for hunting or just for fun. However if you are a newbie, better have someone who is a pro at using a crossbow for your own safety. Also depending on where you live in the states, you may also need a license to use certain crossbows. In this post, we have made sure to include the best youth hunting crossbows for 2020 and also asked some of our friends who often go out and use crossbows.
If you are passionate about using crossbows then you can start by any of the products and start your journey of hunting and winning trophies. Also make sure when you are going out using a crossbow, you have your safety gear with you.