AWS offers over 165 fully-featured services that are implemented to meet your needs. On the platform, you can create your infrastructure from scratch – or use ready-made solutions and reduce IT costs. With the help of aws consulting services the task can be solved easily.
The platform provides mobile, web, and business applications, data processing and storage, backup, and other workloads.
AWS is launching new regions faster than other vendors and is the world’s most requested hyper scale. Large companies like Netflix, LinkedIn, and Facebook choose AWS solutions.
Main Phases of Cloud Migration
There are 5 main phases, with the help of which is carried migration and are done aws challenges. And they are as follows:
- Preparation stage, which is the beginning. At this stage we should precisely analyze the current situation. Also it’s important to analyse the architecture with the specification of the business goals for the nearest future. The objectives for migration in google cloud development must be defined with all the expectations and nuances.
- The stage of discovery and planning. Here is carried out the migration of IT portfolio. Here must be individual approach to each application. As for migration strategy, it must be carefully carried out. There are some special tools, which are great choices for use in every specific case.
- The stage of design with future migration. At this stage must be created a detailed plan, and must be chosen migration strategies and tools.
- Operations. After the end of the process of migration, it’s possible to start operating with new possibilities of the service.
6 Strategies for AWS Migration
There are 6 basic strategies to solve this task.
- Rehost, with the help of which can be carried out the procedure;
- Replatform, when the self-hosted database is replaced with the help of Amazon RDS;
- Repurchase, which is the replacement of the application with the help of cloud services;
- Refactor in order to rebuild it for a cloud-native environment;
- Retire, which are no more useful and can be at all turned off.
- Retain applications, which are not suitable for migration.
5 Challenges of migration to AWS
There are some basic challenges, which have to be taken into consideration:
Those applications on AWS must be for sure resilient. The user has to find a way to preserve the application state. Here must be set up the replication or use a service to make available cloud migration problems.
Metric collection with log analysis
And the migration of all previous strategies to log and monitor may become not relevant. With CloudWatch, in this case, can be seen the Amazon’s reference.
It’s one of the main questions to be solved, as budget is rather a specific question.
As in any other case, security is one of the most important questions, so it’s important to include security into the migration project.
Moving On-Premise Data
To carry out this task properly should be taken into consideration all the solutions, offered by AWS for this case.