When Instagram made its foray in 2010, this was akin to the other social media platform; there were lots of food pictures and selfies. But after a decade, now in 2020, this platform is way different. Instagram is no longer a photo-sharing app. The platform has changed significantly and has turned into a powerful and effective marketing channel. Over the years, it has introduced multiple business tools such as IGTV, Instagram stories, shoppable posts, and more.
If you are a graphic designer looking for ways to capture the market and target more clients, then make the most of this platform for promoting your designs. This social media platform is ever-growing, with countless users promoting themselves frequently for gaining recognition and boosting awareness about services and products. It is Instagram’s visual design format, which makes it ideal for graphic designers.
Tips to Follow
Every graphic designer should be aware that it is their portfolio that is everything for them. It showcases their skills and work. Instagram is that visually inspiring platform that graphic designers must make the most of to showcase their portfolio. This way, a graphic designer, along with showcasing his talent and grabbing the attention of more followers, will also convert the followers into leads. They can also buy 10 Instagram followers to grab more attention. One may be a renowned graphic designer, but to expand their client reach, those unknown people must be aware of their capabilities. Take a look at the 10 most effective ways to use Instagram to get more clients.
- Create a Business Account- First and foremost, a graphic designer should convert his personal account into a business account as this will allow him to make the most of every business feature as well as make changes for existing followers. If this fails, then opening a new business account on Instagram can help.
- Good Profile Picture- As the saying goes; a picture is always worth a thousand words. This very well applies to profile pictures too. It is the graphic designer’s picture that the new visitor will first come across in their feed, and this is the only thing that will set him apart in the stories feed. Thus, the profile image on Instagram must be such, which leaves behind an excellent first impression. The right profile picture is one that represents the designer’s brand and logo design. It must be as per Instagram aesthetics and should be of the perfect size.
- Killer Biography- Along with the profile picture, the graphic designer’s biography also plays a crucial role in grabbing the attention of the new visitors. In the biography section, the graphic designer should showcase his passion, goals, skills, and personality to pull a chord in the audiences’ hearts. As it has a 150 character limit, select the words wisely.
- Add Service/Website/Portfolio Link- An online portfolio will allow a graphic designer in showcasing his expertise and skills to clients on Instagram as to why they must hire his services. Again adding links on Dribble, Behance, or Designhill will work wonders in getting more clients. Besides, the designer should not forget to add links on his Instagram stories to update followers regarding the new content.
- Use the Feed as the Portfolio- Using the feed on Instagram as the portfolio can work wonders. The graphic designer should upload the design, which works perfectly for him. The basic idea here is to sell his USP. Always share unique content or also repost other content that has inspired them via the Instagram reposting app.
- Compelling Captions- Yes, Instagram is a useful visual platform, but one should not underestimate the significance of captions. Adding compelling captions on Instagram will be an excellent means of conveying a story behind one’s design, branding, entertaining people, and compelling them in taking a specific action.
- Use Hashtags- Again, the hashtag is an excellent means for spreading the word regarding a graphic designer’s work and connecting with prospective clients. Avoid using numerous hashtags but use only where it is beneficial. Most importantly, do not use generic hashtags such as #design as this is too common, and chances are the post may get no or very less visibility
- Post Regularly- To build brand loyalty and credibility, increase the number of followers, as well as retain their interest, posting regularly, and maintaining consistency is a must.
- Get Analytics- After so much hard work, it is time for checking results. Take the help of analytics to check who viewed the profile, how stories and posts are performing, and other advantages the designer is getting from his Instagram business account.
- No Hard Selling- Instagram is a friendly social media platform. So avoid hard selling. Compose captions in a way that briefly talks about the design sans, letting the user be aware that the designer is selling them something. Be assured; the potential client definitely will like his work and also support him.
Peruse modern design idea
The most ideal approach to discover realistic motivation is by perusing current structure drifts on the stage you’re using. Set aside some effort to glance through the social pages of the top organizations or influencers in your industry and observe the components you enjoyed.
The absolute best web-based social networking illustrations originate from a juncture of different structure strategies, however, so don’t be reluctant to wander onto new stages for motivation. In case you’re designing wellbeing and health realistic for Instagram, odds are you’ll locate some extraordinary motivation via looking through wellbeing and health on Pinterest, Facebook, or even Google Images.
In case you’re searching for a handy solution of online networking visual communication motivation, download a duplicate of the Digital Design Library. The Digital Design Library is an assortment of 200+ realistic structures made for genuine Design Pickle customers (totally allowed to you!).
Study the Visual Identity of the Business
Make an impeccable client experience by examining the visual character of the business before you start picking plan components.
The most effortless approach to examine the visual personality of the brand is by referencing your marking guide. A marking guide is an assortment of pre-chosen text styles, shading plans, structure components, logo varieties, and test designs that precisely speak to a brand.
Following a branding, the guide is the most ideal approach to keep up brand consistency or having such predictable symbolism and plan components that your crowd quickly connects those components with your image. Target has kept up brand consistency for a considerable length of time by planning the entirety of their illustrations using their mark red textual style, adequate void area, and bullseye-like design components.
Another approach to examining the visual character of the business is by referencing the site and current internet-based social pages. Which designs got the most commitment? Examine the picture type, format, and supporting components of the top 20% of presents on control of your next design.
Concentrate on What’s Important
Did you know it just takes the natural eye 50 milliseconds to shape an assessment on a visual? With just .05 seconds to communicate as the need should arise, your online life visual depiction must concentrate on what is significant (and just on what’s significant).
Make a visual chain of importance to make the feature content stand apart from the body duplicate.
Underscore your message by concentrating on the most noteworthy expressions. The title content ought to have the biggest size (or typeface weight), trailed by captions or body duplicate in slipping requests of significance.
Feature duplicate that forces the crowd to make an ideal move, for example, “START A FREE TRIAL,” “GET UP TO half OFF,” or “DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK”.
So all you graphic designers, it is high time you begin highlighting your talent and developing your business presence. Remember, your focus, along with publishing, should also be on building bonds with followers to help you convert them into clients.