IT outsourcing has become a very popular option for companies that work in a wide range of industries. More and more businesses, including huge corporations and startups, prefer to hire dedicated development team instead of expanding their in-house staff. But despite the fact that this cooperation model is so widely spread today, many companies still commit very sad mistakes that have a negative impact on the quality of the final results. That’s why if at the moment you have already decided that hiring dedicated development team is a good choice for you or if you are just thinking about the ways how to hire software developers, this article is exactly what you need as it covers the trickiest pitfalls and mistakes that a lot of companies can face.
Why do many businesses hire dedicated development teams?
If you ask about the most important reasons behind the growing demand for dedicated teams, we can say that it is convenient in the first place.
When you hire dedicated development team, you need to sign a contract only with one entity, it will be your outsourcing partner. All members of the team will be officially employed by that company and you won’t need to deal with any recruitment, onboarding, and other administrative issues. You will need only to prepare a list of requirements for your future team compositions and skills that you want to have on your project. Your outsourcing partner will find candidates and you will only conduct interviews for choosing the best specialists who will further join your dedicated team.
Dedicated developers are fully concentrated on the tasks related to your project. It means that in spite of working remotely, they can be considered as your full-fledged team members as they will be controlled and managed by you. You will always have the possibility to track the progress and introduce any changes that are necessary.
Such teams are very flexible and their composition can be changed at any moment.
One more reason why companies hire dedicated development teams is the possibility to save money on the development of any software product that they want to launch.
In general, this business model can be suitable in many different situations but it has the highest efficiency for long-term projects with changing requirements.
What mistakes do companies conduct while hiring dedicated team?
Though the process of hiring a dedicated development team is rather straightforward, there are still some points that any company should take into account in order to make sure that they will achieve success in establishing cooperation with the right specialists.
Below you can find the list of the most widely spread mistakes among businesses that want to work with dedicated programmers.
- Mistake 1. Establishing cooperation with the wrong company. It is crucial to find the right partner who will build a dedicated team for you. To do it, please conduct proper research and attentively study the market.
- Mistake 2. Conducting the search for an outsourcing partner/developers only locally. Thanks to the remote work model and a wide range of cloud tools that are available today, you can comfortably work with programmers from all over the world.
- Mistake 3. Defining unrealistic time frames. Setting reasonable deadlines is one of the most vital aspects of a good work organization. If you set deadlines that can’t be met, first of all, you fully demotivate your team. And secondly, you make your project fail beforehand.
- Mistake 4. Trying to find the lowest rates. The desire to save money is a very natural one. However, it is absolutely not feasible to make the lowest rates the most important criterion for choosing developers. You need to pay for quality. That’s why it is crucial to find the right balance between prices and quality.
- Mistake 5. Isolating your dedicated team. We strongly recommend you treat your dedicated developers as your in-house employees. They should understand the philosophy of your company, your values, and the peculiarities of your project. Otherwise, you can’t expect their full engagement.
- Mistake 6. Creating poor workflows. Of course, the organization of work of a remote team is challenging. Nevertheless, if you set all the processes smartly, you can reach amazing results. It is vital to find the right approaches to it and to make sure that all members of your dedicated team understand what they should do and how they should do it.
If you have never hired dedicated development teams before, it’s quite clear that you may face some challenges when you start adopting this model for the first time. Nevertheless, we hope that our tips will help you and you will be able to avoid a lot of mistakes on your way to success.