Do you know how to save someone else’s Instagram photo on your PC, smartphone, or iPhone? Unfortunately, there is no such built-in function in the app itself. Instagram intentionally removed this feature – you can’t take a photo. So, you probably don’t have the copyright to use it.
Fortunately, there are workarounds. Most likely, their number is about a million. Each of them provides a convenient way to share, save, copy, and even Instagram photo download. It is quite natural that we study, test, and choose the best and most convenient option for ourselves.
Today, we offer you several options that will help you quickly and, most importantly, efficiently download Instagram post or any other content anonymously.
Best methods to download Istagram post
1. Via screenshot
A screenshot is a snapshot of the entire phone screen. This method is one of the fastest – you just need to hold down a couple of keys at the same time, and the picture will appear in the phone gallery.
To take a screenshot for iOS phones:
- For versions with Face ID (iPhone X, XR, XS, 11, 12, 13), simultaneously hold and release the side and volume up buttons.
- For versions without Face ID (iPhone 8, etc.), simultaneously hold and release the side button and the “Home” button.
To take a screenshot for Android phones – simultaneously hold down the power (power on/lock) and volume down buttons.
The keyboard shortcuts may vary depending on the model of the Android smartphone.
- One of the fastest ways;
- No need for third-party applications and services;
- Extra information from the phone screen is saved with the picture;
- The photo is saved in low resolution.
Note: when creating a screenshot, a thumbnail will appear on the screen – clicking on it will take you to the image editor. There, you can crop everything superfluous, leaving only a photo.
2. Via online services
With the help of online services, you can simply save Instagram posts on your PC or phone – you only need a link to the post.
Top popular services for IG downloading:
You should follow the next steps to download photos from Instagram via an online service:
- Open the service in the browser (from the list above).
- Open Instagram and choose the desired post.
- Copy the post link.
- Go back to the browser and paste the copied link into the text input field.
- Click on the “Download” button – in a few seconds, the original images will appear, which you can download to your phone.
- The image is downloaded in high resolution.
- You can download either one photo or several from the carousel.
- Using this method, you can download various IG content, including Insta video download.
- Every time, you need to open the browser and search for the service’s website.
3. Via Telegram
There are 2 solutions: send a message to yourself or download a photo via a Telegram bot.
Method #1 is to send a message to your saved.
Copy a photo to your phone in this way:
- Click on the “three dots” located above the upper-right corner of the Instagram post.
- Select “Share in…” from the pop-up menu.
- In the suggested list, find “Telegram.”
- Click “Saved” (or find it through the search), and then “Send.”
Now, if you open the messenger, there will be a link in the chat “Saved” + the image itself.
- To download an image from the messenger to your phone, just click on the image itself and select “Save to Gallery” from the menu.
- The quick way.
- You can upload the image to any device where Telegram is installed (phone, PC, tablet).
- Not a photo is saved, but a preview photo for the post (in low resolution).
- Only the first photo will be downloaded from the carousel.
- The method is not suitable if there is no Telegram app.
Method #2 is to download photos via the Telegram bot.
There are many Telegram bots for receiving media files from Insta. But we recommend you to use InstaSave. This Telegram bot proceeds according to the following scenario:
- The user copies the IG address (or profile nickname).
- He inserts a link into a chat with a bot.
- In response, he receives the illustration itself (which can also be downloaded to the phone gallery.)
- The quick way.
- The original image is downloaded (in high resolution.)
- You can download both photos and videos, carousel, IGTV, text.
- You can upload photos to any device where Telegram is installed.
- The Telegram bot needs to be pre-launched (only 1 time.)
- The method is not suitable if you do not have Telegram installed.
Choose the method you like and start downloading any IG content. For one-time use, screenshots and Telegram bots are most likely better suited. However, for everyday viewing and downloading multiple Insta files, choose online services.