Since the last few years, we have seen a surge in the electric skateboards. Ever since Casey Neistat started using boosted boards, we have all been fans of anything electric. A decade back, we would have never imagined of looking out for the best electric skateboard under $500 and today you land up here.
The idea of skateboards came after people would eventually start to enjoy using surfboards to ride on waves. When using a skateboard for the first time, you may topple a bit but that’s not an issue once you have honed the art of skating. Today, there are a lot of competitive skateboarding competitions held across the globe. Just make sure when you are playing this sport, you are safe and enjoy every bit of it.
Initially all skateboards used to be made using cardboard and tin but nowadays you will find new materials like carbon fibre and high quality wood is also used to make skateboards since it allows bringing down the weight and also maintaining strength. If you are from America then you know how fun it is to have a graphic rich skateboard. In this article we have uncovered the modern range of electric skateboards and have reviewed the top electric skateboard you can buy today.
Acton Blink Lite is considered as the world’s leading electric skateboard. This product is best known for being the lightest of all. This skateboard is designed suitably for both teenagers and kids who like to do free sea rides.
The board is 30 inches long and is quite useful for the school students, or to get your chores done quicker than on your foot. The battery gets charged within two hours. So, you get sufficient time to charge up the board for your next ride.
- Can attain the speed of 10 miles per hour
- Can cover minimum 5 miles of distance
- Bluetooth remote control
- The board weighs 7.7 pounds and can manage a weight of maximum of 130 pounds
- Charge time of the battery is 2 hours
- Length of the board is 30 inches
- The deck is made of maple wood
- High-functional electric skateboard with Bluetooth remote control unit
- The board has LED lightings to help the night time skateboarder
- The product offers a money-back guarantee of 14 days, in case of any defect
- Can be exchanged within 6 months’ warranty period
- Perfect present to be gifted at any occasion
- Ideal skateboard to be used on roads. Plus, it is long lasting, robust, and well-built to withstand rough handling
- The board may not withstand heavy weight and can break
- It covers a maximum distance of only 5 miles on a single charge of the battery
Swagtron Swagboard is another love of skateboarders as it is made of maple wood. The superior grip tape of the deck offers optimal stability and comfort while skating. and with the, The Swagboard has got the UL 2272 certification, for which it meets the crucial electrical requirements for a hassle-free skating experience.
Well, this is the reason that has put Swagtron in the top list of electric skateboards costing under $500.
- Required powered is 24 Volts and is supplied by a lithium-ion Fe battery
- Can reach the speed level of 11 miles per hour
- Provides a maximum distance coverage of 10 miles on a single charge of the battery
- Handled by wireless system of LED remote control unit
- The remote control unit manages the stoppage, cruise control, and speed along with the overall skating experience
- The deck wheels are made of Polyurethane to avoid great shocks and enable a smoother skating
- Flexibility of the board allows uniform weight distribution
- The skateboard can cover a distance of about 11 miles with just 3 hours of constant charge
- The 24-volt lithium-ion Fe battery is shielded in such a way that it does not disturb the rider’s comfort
- It is lightweight, weighing up to 9.5 pounds, and can bear a bodyweight of about 176 pounds
- The deck is 32 inches wider, which is a well-balanced size for any skate lover.
- The battery charge drains faster
- Customer care service is very poor
If you are looking for a beautifully designed and sturdy electric skateboard, then Blitzart Mini Flash is the one. This ergonomic product is easygoing and comfortable. It works with a 24 Volts lithium-ion battery, which gets charged instantly within two hours.
The wireless remote control unit is used for controlling the working of this skateboard. Pertaining to the product performance, it is quite robust to work in terrain regions. The good thing about this board is that it is fit for both professionals and beginners.
- The deck is 28 inches broad
- Size of the skate wheels are 2.8 inches
- The board is powered by a motor of 250 Watts
- Can attain maximum speed of 12 miles per hour
- The board can cover a distance of about 5 to 8 miles on a single battery charge
- It takes only 2 hours for the battery to get fully charged
- The deck is made of bamboo and maple wood to maintain flexibility and strength
- Its costs about $199.99
- It is a fully assembled board and so it saves you a lot of time
- Long lasting, robast, and stable deck designed to maintain flexibility and balance
- Made of 5-ply maple wood and bamboo to maintain its sturdiness
- Brushless motor with a potential of 250 Watts is used for hassle-free, calm ride
- Perfect fit for going school or doing other chores
- Can withstand the maximum body weight of around 250 pounds
- It can be controlled both electrically and manually to reach your destination
- This skateboard is not designed and developed to perform stunts for it might break.
Yuneec E-GO2 Electric skateboard is the most upgraded one compared to its previous products. Previously, the deck length was 36 inches which has now been increased to 42 inches. So, it provides enough area for maintaining the body balance and control your ride around the town.
Though it is not that inexpensive, yet the ergonomic design of this board offers better balance, comfort, and flexibility. This is the primary cause of this product being tagged in the top list of electric skateboards under $500.
- The deck is powered by a motor of 400 Watts
- It weighs around 14 pounds and bear a total of 220 pounds upon it
- Riders can expect to skate at a maximum speed of 18 miles per hour
- Can take you up to 18 miles on a single full battery charge
- Battery takes about 2 to 3 hours to charge up completely
- The board is made of sturdy composite wood
- Has excellent brake system, making it suitable for terrain ride
- Great control and grip
- Perfect for performing skating stunts and jumps
- Although the board weighs very less yet, it is long lasting and robust
- Has a high-quality grip tape for safer and firmer skating experience
- Fit for uphill movements
- The skateboard is available in various amazing shades in the market
- You can not increase the board speed than the speed set by its company
- Not water-resistant
When it is a 15 degrees lift angle skateboard, then the LiftBoard Single Motor Electric Skateboard is worth every penny. This product is made of 7-ply maple wood. It is designed in a way to maintain the board strength, style, and comfort, both on or off road.
The board can bear almost 265 pounds of body weight. LiftBoard can easily take you up to a distance of 16 miles per hour. Plus, it has a perfect grip over speed control, and is overall balanced to provide you incomparable skating experience.
- Deck length is about 39 inches
- With this product, skating it belt-driven
- The deck is powered by a motor of 900 Watts
- It can attain the speed level of up to 16 miles per hour
- It takes only 3 hours to fully charge the battery
- Maximum distance coverage is 16 miles on a single charge of the battery
- The board is developed with 7-ply maple wood maintaining its ergonomic grip tape
- Perfect fit for the beginners
- Cost effective product
- Long lasting, strong, and effective for on-road skating
- Single motor provides you good control over the deck and skating
- Quite strong product, especially to withstand heavyweight rider
- The grip tape becomes loose over time
- The quality of the remote control unit is of comparatively cheaper
The Acton Blink S Electric Skateboard is the one if you are looking for a lightweight skating board. It weighs only 11 pounds. This board can easily manage a person weighing upto 220 pounds and can cruise around the town.
This product is basically suited to the school goers. So, it is mostly preferred by teenage students and commuters.
The better part of this product is that it charges faster. Plus, being a lighter board, you can attain a higher speed level while skating.
Besides, the Acton S is currently trending in the market for its excellent performance and usability. These two factors have highly contributed to bringing this product to the top list of electric skateboards under $500.
- The board is powered by a motor of 1000 Watts
- Can reach a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour
- Can cover a maximum distance 7 miles on a single complete charge of the battery
- The board is developed with Canadian maple wood and aircraft aluminum
- The battery takes maximum 1 hour to charge up fully
- Suitable to be used on terrain regions having an inclination of 15-degree approximately
- It is lightweight and portable
- The Acton app lets you accept weekly challenges or targets and create names for the same on the Acton site, terming them as the best in different categories
- Has safety lights to enable skating at night and ride at a safer distance from people and cars
- The product comes with a warranty of 6 months
- Has excellent support system to assist you if the board gets damaged
- You can use it around school, and is easy to skate and pick up on this board
- Can not withstand heavy weight skaters
- You will have to keep changing the battery over time
If you are looking for a skateboard ideal for teenagers, then Razor Electric Skateboard is the one you need. This product ensures safety and stability while skating on the road.
The board costs only around $200 maximum. This long board is mostly used by the school students. You can also find them around the street corners where young adults generally like to hangout.
This electric skateboard is supported by a powerful lithium-ion battery which can take you to a distance of several miles within a short period. Added to that, the Razor skateboard is sold fully assembled so that the skaters can enjoy it straight away as soon as they unbox the product.
- The deck is powered by a motor of 125 Watts
- Can cover up a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour
- Can provide a maximum distance coverage of about 10 miles once the battery is fully charged
- The product weighs about 12 pounds and can carry maximum weight of 220 pounds
- The surface of this skateboard is made of 5-ply bamboo to maintain its strength and super flexibility
- Battery takes about 2 to 3 hours to get fully charged for its next round of ride
- Fit for smooth skating on terrain regions and not for off-road ride
- Perfect skateboard is built with a dimension of 3.75 x 10.6 x 5.7 inches. Plus, it is perfectly suited to the tall people
- It can be utilized for non-stop skating for about 40 minutes
- The deck is sturdy and stable with optimum riding balance and control
- Excellent board for both the intermediate skaters and newcomers
- The product is cost effective
- The 80 mm width of the board tyres ensures smooth riding and stability of the skateboard
- It is not chain or belt-driven
- The board alignment may be uneven sometimes
- It creates enough frictional noise while riding
Fitnessclub Motorized Electric Skateboard is basically meant for the professional skaters who enjoy riding at maximum speeds. It can surpass the speed level of 22 miles per hour. The board is made very sturdy, stable, and smooth to enjoy a comfortable ride.
This skateboard is powered by dual motors and the good part is that you will not have to apply foot power to kick-start the deck.
Like the other models of this company, Fitnessclub too has a wireless remote control unit to handle the skateboard. Besides, the PU tyres are appropriately utilised in this model to avoid bumpy rides.
- Has the dual motor facility to kick-start the skateboard. Both the motors consume 400 Watts power each
- Can go past the speed level of of 22 miles per hour
- Can provide maximum distance coverage of 12.5 miles
- The battery takes 2 hours to charge up fully
- The board surface is made of 8-ply Canadian maple wood
- The product weighs almost 14 pounds and can comfortably bear weight up to 220 pounds
- Useful for skating in flat terrains
- The product is water-resistant
- Its total set consists of several accessories including power adapter, screw tools, USB cable, and instruction manual
- Perfect to give you the ultimate exciting skating experience of all time
- Simple brake system
- There is an indicator to alert you the battery life of your skateboard and when to charge it
- The deck is 36.4 inches long and made of 8 layers of Canadian maple wood to ensure you safer, well-managed ride
- Has two motors to provide unbelievably high speed
- Perfect for travelling and commuting through the town
- It is not suitable for the beginners to handle
- Board is hard, yet it will go through wears and tears due to regular use
Maxfnd Electric skateboard has got its name tagged in the top list of electric skateboards due to its unmatched performance, durability, and lightweight.
Other than that, this product is designed with a power of 500 Watts to give you the most happening skating experience of lifetime. The weight of the board is such that it can carry you around even when its battery charge is low.
- It is powered by a 500 Watts motor
- Weighs around 8.1 pounds and can bear 220 pounds of body weight
- Its battery charges within an hour
- Its highest level of speed is 12.5 miles per hour
- Can cover a range of 12.4 miles if fully charged
- The board is built with 8-ply maple wood
- Solid wood deck is used for maintaining good steer and balance
- A long lasting Samsung Li-Ion battery is used
- Can be used in rainy days
- Battery charges quite faster
- Not suitable for off-road rides
- Lack enough range than most other skateboards
Airwheel is a reputed brand name in terms of top electric skateboards. The Airwheel M3 is currently one of the top models under $500 for its unmatched features which may astound any skateboarder.
When fully charged, the M3 can give you a whole new experience of smoother and fun skating. Also, its tyres are perfectly balanced for both on and off road riding.
Whether it be a beginner or professional, the robustness of this board attracts the skateboarders at first place. The 4.5 inches solid rubber tyres of this skateboard ensures hassle free ride to and back from your destination.
- Can bear 220 pounds of body weight
- Can attain the speed of 13 miles per hour
- Provides 12 miles of distance coverage on a single full charge
- Battery charges within 2 hours
- The board is built with Canadian maple wood
- For extra stability, the board length is maintained at 32 inches
- Has Bluetooth remote control unit
- Board weighs 25 pounds
- Quite hard and stable
- Li-ion battery is used to provide maximum distance coverage of 12-miles
- Battery is durable and charges quickly
- Tyres of the board are extra-large for efficient control and stability
- This skateboard can be both accelerated and decelerated. Plus, the board can move in reverse direction
- Can be used throughout the year (in all seasons)
- Battery is too large to be noticed underneath the deck
- The product is quite heavy and so works slowly
Having your own skateboard is a very personal thing. As and when we play with it, it becomes a part of our identity and now with the advent of technology, you can also get to buy the best electric skateboard under $500. We have compiled this list with a lot of research and personal experience of using a skateboard. We hope you will like our efforts. You can now hope becoming the next Shane O’Neil or Nyjah Huston.