LG has unveiled its latest mid-range smartphones Q7 and Q7+ in South Korea. At the launch event, the South Korean manufacturer also revealed that both the devices would be launched in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa in the coming weeks.
LG Q7 has a 5.5-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision display and is powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 processor with 3GB RAM, 32GB onboard storage and microSD support (for up to 2TB cards). There is no dual-camera, and LG has instead opted to equip the Q7 with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP selfie camera.
Other features include a fingerprint sensor under the rear camera, MIL-STD 810G certification, a headphone jack, facial recognition technology, and IP68 Water and Dust Resistance. This is all kept running by a 3,000mAh battery with fast charging support and run on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
LG Q7 is priced at 495,000 Korean Won (~$456) and it comes in Aurora Black and Lavender Violet colours.
The LG Q7+ is the more expensive of the two Q7 devices, coming in at 570,000 Won (~$525). This arrives with similar specs like Q7 in many aspects but available with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. There’s slightly different camera setup on the back, with a 16MP primary sensor, while the front remains 5MP sensor like its sibling. It includes otherwise the same battery capacity, connectivity and sensor features as the Q7. Unlike the Q7, it also comes with Hi-Fi Quad DAC.
The Q7+ runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and comes in single Moroccan Blue colour option only.
LG Q7/Q7+ Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.5″ FullVision | FHD+ (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi) | 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 | Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM (Q7) / 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM (Q7+) | microSD (up to 2TB)
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
– Q7+: Rear 16MP with PDAF | Front 5MP (Super Wide Angle)
– Q7: Rear 13MP with PDAF | Front 5MP (Super Wide Angle)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n | Bluetooth 4.2 BLE | NFC | USB Type-C 2.0
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Battery: 3,000 mAh | Fast Charging
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner | QLens | Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+) | DTS:X 3D Surround Sound | IP68 Water and Dust Resistance | Google Assistant | Face Recognition | Smart Rear Key | MIL-STD 810G Compliant | Portrait Mode | Flash Jump Cut | Music Flash | Timer Helper | FM Radio
What do you think of the Q7 series pricing? Let us know in the comments.