Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has announced its latest flagship devices in the brand new Nex series dubbed as the Nex A and Nex S. As rumoured earlier, the Nex A and Nex S feature similar in terms of design but differ in specifications. While the Nex A features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, the Nex S is equipped with an in-display fingerprint sensor, similar to the recently launched Vivo X21.
The Nex A and Nex S feature a 6.59-inch full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 91.24% screen-to-body ratio, a resolution of 2316 × 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:3:9. Both the devices sport a Vivo’s glass-vibrating screen soundcasting technology, which replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, and it promises better bass and softer treble. The Nex also uses a ray data compensation algorithm that hides the light sensor at the bottom of the display. Additionally, the micro-slit infrared sensor is also hidden at the top of the screen.
Under the hood, the Nex S is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with Adreno 630 GPU, while the Nex A is powered by the recently launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with Adreno 616 GPU. In terms of memory, the Nex S will be available in two variants – 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB. The Nex A has been launched with 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
Coming to the camera department, the Nex A and Nex S feature a dual camera setup at the back consisting of a 12MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, Dual PDAF, 4-axis OIS, and a secondary 5MP camera with dual-tone LED flash. On the front, they sport an 8MP selfie pop-up camera that automatically opens and hides when you fire up and exit the camera app.
The Nex A and Nex S are powered by a 4,000 mAh battery, with 22.5W fast charging support. While the Nex S features CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier and the Nex A supports AK4376A DAC. Connectivity options on the devices include Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB Type-C port. Both the devices run on Android 8.1 Oreo with Funtouch OS 4.0 skinned on top and are powered by AI-powered Jovi voice assistant with a dedicated button.
Vivo NEX A/NEX S Key Specifications:
- Display: 6.59″ Super AMOLED | FHD+ (2316×1080 pixels) | 19.3:9 aspect ratio | DCI-P3 color gamut
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU (Nex S) | Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 with Adreno 616 GPU (Nex A)
- Memory: 6GB + 128GB (Nex A)/8GB + 128/256GB (Nex S)
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo | Funtouch OS 4.0
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary | Sony IMX363 sensor | F1.8 | Dual PD | 4-axis OIS | 5MP Secondary | F2.4 | dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP | F2.0
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE (Dual) | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 5.0 | GPS | USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh battery | 22.5W fast charging
- Dimensions: 162 × 77 × 7.98 mm
- Weight: 199 grams
- Other: In-display fingerprint sensor (Nex S) / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (Nex A) | 3.5mm audio jack | CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier (Nex S) / AK4376A DAC (Nex A)
Pricing and Availability:
The Nex S is priced at 4498 yuan for the 128GB storage variant, and 4998 yuan for the 256GB storage variant. The Nex A is priced at 3898 yuan. Both the phones will be available in China from June 23 and are expected to be launched In India soon. Both the smartphones will be available in Diamond Black and Red colours.