The Chinese conglomerate Huawei has announced its latest smartwatch: the Watch 2 (2018). It features a 1.28-inch circular AMOLED display and is protected by Gorilla Glass 3. The smartwatch has a water and dust resistance rating of IP68, Ceramic bezels, as well as new Crown design with two buttons on the right side of the watch, with one at the top position your main navigation key for bringing up the fitness-related app list and returning to the watch face. The second, at the bottom, is a programmable key which you can assign to the app you want it to launch.
It has a 20mm standard-width band that you can change out if you like and comes mated with 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC, 768MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. The usual features of this timepiece are on offer here, including real-time continuous heart rate monitoring, sports tracking, GPS tracking, sleep tracking, and notifications for calls, Messages, and other apps. It also has support for FIRSTBEAT motion algorithm that offers training plan for users, providing exercise guidance.
Like the Apple Watch, the Watch 2 (2018) comes with eSIM support in addition to the standard Bluetooth and 4G (Nano SIM) versions. The Smartwatch is also featuring dual microphones for improved call quality this time around and will be able to connect it to a Bluetooth headset to make calls. It also has a 420mAh battery that Huawei says will support fast charging. NFC is also present on the Watch 2 (2018), which used for contactless payments. It runs on Google’s WearOS 2.0 and works with both Android 4.3 and above phones as well as iOS 8.2 and above.
Huawei Watch 2 (2018) Specifications:
- Display: 1.2″ circular AMOLED (390×390 pixels/328 ppi), Gorilla Glass 3
- SoC: 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- RAM: 768MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- Operating System: WearOS 2.0
- Compatibility: Android 4.3 or iOS 8.2 and above.
- Sensors: Heart Rate Sensor (PPG), Barometer, 3-axis A+G sensor, 3-axis, Gyroscope, 3-axis Compass, Ambient Light Sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/eSIM (with voice calling), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS+Beidou, NFC
- Battery: 420mAh with fast charging
- Dimensions: 45 x 48 x 12.6 mm
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust resistant, Dual Microphones, Speaker
The Huawei Watch 2 (2018) comes in three colour options: Carbon Black, Slate Gray and Vibrant Orange. However, all the variants and colour options are now available for purchase in China, with the eSIM version for 1988 yuan, 4G version for 1888 yuan and the standard Bluetooth version for 1688 yuan.