On the heels of the OnePlus 6 announcement for global markets, OnePlus has just unveiled its new flagship smartphone to the Indian market as well. According to the company, the OnePlus 6 goes on sale in India from next week and will retail for a starting price tag of INR 34,999 ($516).
The 6.28-inch handset sports a Full HD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ration and 83.8% screen-to-body ratio with an iPhone X-like notch at the top. It runs the Android 8.1 Oreo-based OxygenOS 5.1 and is powered by Snapdragon 845 chipset backed by either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, and a 3,300mAh battery.
Much like its predecessor 5T, the OnePlus 6’s headline feature is its dual-lens rear camera which clocks in at 16MP primary shooter alongside 20MP secondary shooter and support OIS as well as EIS, Portrait mode and 2x zoom. OnePlus says they’ll be enabled portrait mode on the 16MP front shooter in the future updates.
OnePlus 6 Key Specifications:
- Display: 6.28″ Optic AMOLED | Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) | 19:9 aspect ratio | Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (10nm) | Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64/128/256GB UFS 2.1
- Software: Android 8.1 | OxygenOS 5.1
- Rear camera: 16MP primary | F1.7 | 1/2.6″ IMX519 sensor| 1.22μm pixel size| dual LED Flash | OIS | EIS | 20MP secondary | IMX376K sensor | F1.7 | 1.0μm pixel size | 480fps slo-mo @720p | 240fps slo-mo @ 1080p
- Front Camera: 16MP | IMX371 sensor | F2.0 | 1.0μm pixel size
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | WiFi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 5.0 | GPS | USB Type-C
- Battery: 3300mAh battery | Dash Charge (5V – 4A)
- Dimensions: 155.7 × 75.35 × 7.75 mm
- Weight: 177g
- Other: Fingerprint sensor | Face Unlock | Water-resistant body | 3.5mm audio jack
OnePlus 6 will be available through Amazon India starting from May 22. The Mirror Black or Midnight Black with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at INR 34,999 ($516), while the top-end 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model is priced at INR 39,999 ($590). The Silk White variant, on the other hand, will be available from June 5 in the country.
A pre-sale is set to be held at Amazon for Prime members on May 21 ahead of the full launch on the very next day. Though, OnePlus 6 Marvel Avengers Edition with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage will also be making its way to India on May 29 for INR 44,999 ($664).
The various launch offers that are included make for a more affordable purchase though. Talking about them, you can get INR 2000 as cashback when buying either phone with an SBI bank credit or debit card, and the offer is valid even if you opt for an EMI plan as well. The deal will last until the May 27, and the cashback will be processed to your card in the following months.
Idea offers additional 1008GB data for 18 months for prepaid and postpaid customers. You can get up to INR 25,000 on flights and hotel bookings from ClearTrip. There is also free 12-month Damage Insurance by Servify and INR 500 discount on Amazon Kindle e-books. Finally, if you are watching a video through Amazon Prime Video app on your OnePlus 6, you will get an INR 250 back as Amazon Pay balance.
Apart from OnePlus 6, the company also introduced OnePlus Bullets Wireless headphones to the Indian market which comes with Water-resistant, Dash Charge and Google Assistant. The Wireless earphones will set you back at INR 3999 ($59) and goes on sale in India next month.