The Nokia X6 just launched in China, and even though the leaks and rumours gave a glimpse of the device many times in the past, it’s interesting to see how the phone will fare against the likes of Xiaomi, Vivo and OPPO’s latest launches. Just like the Vivo X21i and OPPO A3, the Nokia X6 also comes with an iPhone X-style notch and a bezel-less display with a 19:9 aspect ratio.
The Nokia X6 sports a 5.8-inch FHD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) display and a screen to body ratio of 80.3 percent. Powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor, the phone comes in 4GB and 6GB RAM variants with internal storage of 32GB and 64GB respectively. The internal storage is bumped up to 256GB via microSD card. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, but the company promised to roll out Android P update after its release.
Nokia X6 is the company’s first mid-range smartphone in the X series, with a 16-megapixel front sensor featuring f/2.0 aperture and AI-powered selfies. The phone’s artificial intelligence provides background blur and stickers for the user. In addition to this, the front camera can also be used for facial unlocking. It has a 16MP (f/2.0) primary sensor and 5MP (f/2.2) secondary sensor along with the support for AI portrait and scene recognition. It also has a fingerprint sensor placed below the vertical dual-lens camera at the back. The other features of the phone include dual VoLTE support, 3060mAh battery which is claimed to charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes.
Nokia X6 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.8” IPS LCD | Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) | 19:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core (14nm) | Adreno 509 GPU
- RAM: 4/6GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64; expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo | Upgradable to ‘P’
- Rear Camera: 16MP primary | ƒ/2.0 aperture | Dual-tone LED flash | Secondary 5MP | ƒ/2.2 aperture | AI Portrait | AI Intelligent Scene Regocgnization
- Front Camera: 16MP | ƒ/2.0 aperture | AI Selfie | AI Stickers
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 5.0 | GPS | USB-C
- Battery: 3,060mAh with QC 3.0
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 70.98 x 7.99~ 8.59mm
- Weight: 151g
- Other: Fingerprint sensor | Face Unlock | 3.5 mm headphone jack
While the sale starts from May 21, the phone can be pre-ordered in China starting today till May 20. The 4GB + 32GB/64GB and the 6GB + 64GB variants of the phone are priced at 1299 yuan ($200), 1499 yuan ($225) and 1699 yuan ($265) respectively. It’will be available in Blue, Black and Silver colours.
Apart from this, HMD Global also announced that the company is setting up Global headquarters in Shenzhen to work on 5G, Hardware, Camera and Better experiences for mobile users.
Source: Nokia China