We’re getting the news about Realme sub-brand from OPPO, but the Chinese manufacturer has finally been launched its first product as Realme 1 in India earlier today. The phone packs a MediaTek Helio P60 processor that should make for a notable speed upgrade over the Redmi Note5 Pro’s Snapdragon 636 chipset, so those hoping to get a much more powerful device with AI capabilities are in luck. The Realme 1 is also specially crafted for the youth sporting symmetrical design coupled with a mirror finish that makes the handset look like a diamond with each angle reflecting and shinning different black colours.
As for the specs, we’ve got a 6-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS display in 18:9 aspect ratio with 1.98mm slim bezels on the sides and 84.8% screen-to-body ratio. It’s powered by the 2GHz Helio P60 Octa-core + Dual-core AI processor, 3/4/6GB of RAM, 32/64/128GB of storage, microSD card slot for expandable storage up to 256GB and 3,410mAh battery with AI battery management. It’s not featuring a fingerprint scanner but has dedicated microSD and dual SIM slots with dual VoLTE support that lets you use 4G LTE and VoLTE simultaneously on both the SIMs.
In the camera department, you’ll find a 13MP f/2.2 aperture rear sensor, enabling vivid bokeh effect. The company is touting AI-powered beauty mode as well as AI stickers, claiming the handset learns and improves the beautification based on user preference. A front-facing 8MP f/2.2 camera handles selfie duties alongside Face unlocking which is capable of scanning 296 recognition points based on sex, age, skin colour, skin tone and it’s condition. There is also included AI real selfie feature to precisely get your face information and other details.
OPPO Realme 1 Key Specifications:
- Display: 6.0” IPS | FUll HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) | 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P60 Octa-core (12nm) + Dual-core AI | ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM: 3/4/6GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64/128GB; expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo | ColorOS 5.0
- Rear Camera: 13MP primary | ƒ/2.2 aperture | LED flash | Bokeh Effect | AI Beauty
- Front Camera: 8MP | ƒ/2.2 aperture | AI Real Selfie
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 4.2 | GPS | Miro USB
- Battery: 3410mAh
- Dimensions: 156.5 × 75.2 × 7.8mm
- Weight: 155g
- Other: Face Unlock | AI Stickers | 3.5mm audio jack
The Realme 1 goes on sale on May 25 via Amazon India at INR 8990 for the 3GB/32GB variant and INR 13990 for the top-end 6GB/128GB device. Meanwhile, the 4GB/64GB model will be available very soon in India for INR 10990. The launch offers include 5% cashback for SBI cards, No Cost EMI and last but not the least INR 4850 worth benefits for Jio customers.
The handset is coming in two colour options: Solar Red and Diamond Black. The Realme 1 comes with a bundled ultra-slim case and screen guard free of cost for added protection.