Honor has launched yet another flagship smartphone for the Chinese market after V10. Dubbed as Honor 10, it features a metal and glass body design with dual-colour gradient paint scheme and notch display on the front similar to the P20 series. It also sports a 5.84-inch FullView display with a 19:9 aspect ratio and 2240 x 1080 resolution.
On the rear, the device features a dual-lens camera with a 16MP and 24MP combo with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF and CAF. Unfortunately, there’s no third camera sensor like P20 Pro, but it does have a Real-time scene and Object Recognition functions thanks to Huawei’s AI tech. Meanwhile, the front-facing camera is a 24MP shooter that sits inside the notch with support for face unlocking and AI beautification.
As for the rest of the specs, the Honor 10 is powered by Huawei’s octa-core Kirin 970 SoC backed by 6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of storage, and a 3,400mAh battery. In addition, the Honor 10 runs the Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMUI 8.1 out-of-the-box and packs AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip.
Honor 10 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.84″ FullView | FHD+ (2240 x 1080 pixels) | 19:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 2.4GHz Octa-core Kirin 970 | Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64/128GB
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo | EMUI 8.1
- Rear Camera: 16MP (RGB) Primary | F1.8 | LED flash | PDAF | CAF | 24MP (Monochrome) Secondary | F2.0
- Front Camera: 24MP | F2.0 | AI Beautification
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 4.2 | GPS | USB-C | NFC
- Battery: 3400mAh | SuperCharge fast charging
- Dimensions: 149.6 × 71.2 × 7.7 mm
- Weight: 153g
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor | Face Unlocking | Fingerprint/Infrared sensor | AI scene recognition
Consumers in China can pick up the Honor 10 at 2599 yuan for the 6GB + 64GB variant and 2999 yuan for the 6GB + 128GB model starting from April 27. We’ll also hear more details about Honor 10’s broader release plans at a ‘Beauty In AI’ themed Honor event which is scheduled for May 15 in London, UK.