After its global debut, Huawei is bringing its flagship P20 Pro to the Indian market. The triple rear camera smartphone will launch in the country next week (i.e. April 24) and invitations for the same already been sent out. Even though the invitation doesn’t mention about the Huawei P20 Pro, the “SEE MOOORE” moto on invite confirms the arrival of P20 series in India next week.
The P20 Pro isn’t the only new Huawei phone coming to India as per the reports. It is also expected that the P20 Lite will also be making its India debut alongside the P20 Pro on April 24. It seems the company has no plans to launch the original P20 smartphone at this moment.
Huawei P20 Pro Key Specifications:
- 6.1-inch OLED Full HD+ (2240 x 1080 pixels, 19:9) FullView display
- Huawei Kirin 970 octa-core processor with NPU (Neural Network Processing Unit)
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB of storage (no microSD support)
- Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1
- 40MP RGB sensor (F/1.8) + 20MP Mono sensor (F/1.6) + 8MP telephoto sensor (F/2.4) Leica triple-camera setup at back, dual-tone LED flash, 4D predictive focus, 3X optical zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom, 4K and 960fps slow-mo video recording, Huawei AIS, Leica Color flash, laser focus, deep focus, PDAF, CAF
- 24MP Sony IMX576 front sensor, F/2.0 aperture, AI beautification, 3D portrait lighting
- Single / Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 155 x 73.9 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 180g
- 4,000 mAh battery with Huawei Super Charge technology
- Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, USB Type-C Audio, HiFi audio with HWA, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, IP53 water and dust proof certification
- Twilight, Midnight Blue, Graphite Black, Pink Gold colours
Huawei P20 Lite Key Specifications:
- 5.84-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels, 19:9) FullView display
- 2.36GHz Hi-Silicon Kirin 659 octa-core processor with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB of storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0
- 16MP Primary with LED flash, 2MP secondary
- 16MP front shooter
- Single/Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB-C
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 148.6×71.2×7.4mm
- Weight: 145g
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack
In related news, Huawei is also planning to launch its first 5G enabled phone in Q3 2019, which will run on a Huawei-designed modem. Huawei’s first 5G smartphone will launch right after the first 5G-enabled Wi-Fi hotspot, and it’s possible the first Huawei 5G smartphone could be the Mate 30. There are also rumours circulating about company’s first foldable phone, with November release.
Update: The Huawei P20 Pro and P20 Lite will be exclusively available on Amazon India.