Samsung has quietly launched a new mid-range smartphone in India with dual camera setup. Dubbed as the Galaxy J7 Duo, the device comes in black or gold colour options and retails for INR 16,990. You can get it from Samsung’s online shop or offline retail stores across the country starting from today.
The Galaxy J7 Duo sports a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with HD resolution and is powered by a 1.6GHz Octa-core Exynos 7 series processor. The device has 4GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage, which you can expand for an additional 256GB with a microSD card.
There’s a 13MP sensor with a f/1.9 aperture, and 5MP secondary sensor on the back with LED flash, while the front-facing selfie snapper has an 8MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture and LED flash. The device packs a 3000mAh battery, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, and ships with Samsung Mall on board which made its debut on the Galaxy On7 Prime. It also has a removable back panel and runs Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung’s custom user interface on top. Other features worth mentioning here are Face Recognition and Samsung Pay Mini support.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Key Specs:
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED | HD (1280 x 720) | 2.5D curved Glass
- Processor: 1.6GHz Octa-core Exynos 7 series
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo | TouchWiz UI
- Rear Camera: 13MP Primary | F1.9 | LED flash | 5MP Secondary |
- Front Camera: 8MP | F1.9 | LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G+5GHz) | Bluetooth 5.0 | GPS | Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 77.2 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 174g
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor | Face Recognition | Samsung Pay Mini
As you can probably tell by its specs sheet, its most prominent feature being dual cameras on the rear that allow you to capture those bokeh images but the HD display for this price range is not acceptable. On second thought, you can also opt for one of the many other mid-range smartphones that have been recently launched in India with a dual-lens camera including the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Honor 9 Lite /7X, Vivo V9 and Nokia 7 Plus.