You’ll soon be able to get your hands on the new Xiaomi Redmi 5 smartphone in India. The company has already revealed that the handset will launch as Amazon exclusive on March 14th. However, it’s expected to price around INR 6999 and will go on sale sometime this month.
As a refresher, the Redmi 5 made its debut in China back in December 2017 and offers a 5.7-inch FullView display with HD+ resolution in 18:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 450 chipset and coupled with a 2/3GB of RAM and 16/32GB of onboard storage, supports expandable storage up to 128GB. It features 12MP rear sensor and 5MP front shooter.
The handset packs a 3,300 mAh battery and runs Android Oreo with Xiaomi’s MIUI 9 on top. It has a gorgeous metallic design with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner onboard.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Key Highlights:
- 5.7″ HD+ FullView
- 18:9 display with rounded corners
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor
- 12MP camera with large 1.25μm pixel size
- 5MP Soft-toned Selfie-light, 36 smart Beautify profiles
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS
- 3300mAh battery
- Beautify 3.0, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
We’ll let you know as soon as the exact sale date and price of the Redmi 5 are announced. Meanwhile, let us know your thoughts on the device with us in the comments below. Watch the launch event live streaming here.