OPPO is expanding the availability of the OPPO A71 (2018) to India. The Chinese company’s most affordable phone was launched in Taiwan and Pakistan recently. The A71 (2018) is essentially a souped-up version of the original A71 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor at its heart.
As a refresher, the handset comes with everything we’ve come to expect from phones that fall in this price range, including a 5.2-inch display with an HD resolution, 3GB of RAM, 16GB of built-in storage, and a 3000mAh battery. It also equipped with a 13MP rear camera, f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP selfie snapper powered by A.I.
It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.2 out-of-the-box. Also keeping with current trends, the OPPO A71 (2018) sports a sleek full metal unibody construction and a dedicated microSD card slot as well.
OPPO A71 (2018) Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS
- Processor: 1.8GHz Snapdragon 450 Octa-core
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR3
- Internal Storage: 16GB; expandable up to 256GB using a microSD card
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.2
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.4 aperture, A.I selfie tech
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 73.8 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 137 grams
Priced at INR 9990 ($155), the OPPO A71 (2018) is available in two colour variants – Champagne Gold and Black. It is available in India through an exclusive partnership with Flipkart starting today.
While the OPPO A71 (2018) looks quite an average on paper but comes with a slim chassis, the lack of Android Oreo out of the box hurts a little bit. What are your thoughts on this new ‘A’ series phone from OPPO? Let us know in the comments!