Smartron has launched the affordable tphone P in India today. You’ll be able to get it starting January 17 exclusively on Flipkart for INR 7999, and it will be available through a flash sale.
The tphone P has a Snapdragon 435 Octa-core CPU clocked at 1.4 GHz, 3 GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage. Smartron included hybrid microSD/SIM card slot which means you can use either dual SIM cards or single SIM and microSD card at the same time. As for the display, the tphone P features a 5.2-inch HD display with a 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. Just above the display is a 5-megapixel camera with a LED flash, and around back you’ll find a 13-megapixel shooter, accompanied by PDAF and LED flash.
The tphone P sports metal unibody design and comes in at a hefty 160 grams. Luckily, the phone has a massive 5000mAh battery, which Smartron says will give users more than two days on a single charge. With a decent size battery, users should have an option to charge other devices such as smartphones, smart bands, speakers, etc. via OTG support.
Much like the rival smartphone’s in this price range, the tphone P comes with the fingerprint sensor onboard. Unlike the srt.phone, the phone has a micro USB port for charging. As for the software, tphone P runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box, and the company also included some nifty features in it. Additionally, the tronX integration makes it into the tphone P to give users additional 1000GB of free tcloud storage.
Smartron tphone P Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch, 720p, 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: Snapdragon 435 Octa-core @1.4GHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB; microSD card up to 128GB
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat, tronX integration
- Rear Camera: 13MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, PDAF, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, LED flash
- Connectivity:Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 5,000mAh, micro USB
- Dimensions: 148.3 × 72.2 × 8.9mm
- Weight: 160g
- Other: Fingerprint sensor
In related news, the company has recently revealed that they’re working on India’s first smart electric bike and its ready for release, although there’s no word on exactly when it will launch.
We don’t know much about the Smartron eco-friendly smart electric bike as of yet, other than its moniker. Let us know your thoughts on the new tphone P in the comments section below.