Samsung has launched the Galaxy A8+ (2018) in India today. The smartphone has been priced at INR 32990, and it’s exclusively available through Amazon India from January 20.
The Galaxy A8+ (2018) is a premium mid-range smartphone that comes with a 6-inch Infinity Super AMOLED Full HD+ display and the Exynos 7885 chipset. It’s available with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The device supports dual SIM cards and has a dedicated microSD card slot on board for expanded storage (up to 256GB).
The handset is equipped with a 16MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, while it sports a 16 MP + 8 MP dual-camera setup on the front with f/1.9 aperture that provides a bokeh effect for your selfies and the new Live Focus feature lets you easily adjust the bokeh effect before or after you take the picture.
It also supports Samsung Pay Mini and Bixby Voice. Other notable features, including IP68 certification for protection against water and dust, sports a metal body with curved glass on the back as well as the front and has a 3500mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) Specifications:
- Display: 6.0-inch Super AMOLED, 18:5:9, FHD+ (1080 x 2220 pixels)
- Chipset: Exynos 7885 14nm Octa-core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Hexa)
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Rear camera: 16MP, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, LED flash
- Front camera: Dual Camera 16MP FF + 8MP, f/1.9 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,500 mAh with adaptive fast charging
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 191 grams
- Other: Fingerprint scanner, Samsung Pay (NFC and MST), Bixby Voice
If the Galaxy A8+ (2018) isn’t your best pick in this price range, check out a few of the other handsets that have launched in India recently, such as the OnePlus 5T, Honor View 10, Nokia 8 and OPPO F5 (6GB RAM).