Huawei backed Honor has introduced its latest models to the US, UK, Europe and Indian markets, the Honor 7X and Honor View 10. As expected, both the handsets have been announced today at a special launch event in London. The announcement came after the launch of both devices in China a couple of weeks ago. To remind you, Honor’s new phones come with an 18:9 display and a dual camera setup at the back. Let’s get into full details.
The Honor View 10 not only features a 5.99-inch FHD+ FullView display (2160 x 1080) in an all-new 18:9 aspect ratio, but also sports thin bezels. The company claims that the display covers up to 79.10% of the phones body and the built-in 3750mAh battery juiced up to 50% in just 30 minutes of charging with the company’s SuperCharge 3.0 fast charging technology. The handset is powered by the Kirin 970 (10nm) chipset that’s combined with i7 co-processor and Mali-G72 MP12 GPU. It comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage that can be expanded for an additional 256GB with a microSD card.
Honor has decided to follow the newest market trends and equip the View 10 with a dual camera setup at the back that consisting of one 16-megapixel (RGB) sensor and a 20-megapixel (Monochrome) one. Honor says that the camera app will come preloaded with features like A.I motion detection and other smart camera features. The device also has a 13MP selfie snapper up front with Artificial intelligence engine, allowing you to capture those popular bokeh images. It features a metal body for the premium look, has a fingerprint scanner that’s located on the front, and runs Android 8.0 Oreo with the EMUI 8.0 skin on top.
Honor View 10 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.99-inch FullView IPS | 18:9 FHD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) | 79.10% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: 2.36GHz Octa-core Kirin 970 with i7 co-processor
- GPU: Mali-G72MP12 767MHz
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64/128GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD card (Hybrid Slot)
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo | EMUI 8.0
- Rear Camera: 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Mono) | f/1.8 aperture | LED flash | PDAF | 4K recording
- Front Camera: 13MP | f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 4.2 | GPS | USB-C | NFC
- Battery: 3750mAh | SuperCharge 3 fast charging
- Dimensions: 157 x 74.98 x 6.97mm
- Weight: 172g
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor | Face Unlocking | A.I selfie portraits
The Honor 7X, on the other hand, sports a 5.93-inch FHD+ FullView display (2160 x 1080) with 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by Kirin 659 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 32/64 GB of expandable storage, and a 3340mAh battery. All of that for a global best starting price of INR 12999, or the US $199.
Things become interesting when it comes to the camera department on the Honor 7X. While on the front, there is a single-lens 8-megapixel sensor, the back sports two camera sensors: one at 16-megapixels and a secondary sensor at 2-megapixels. It’s coming with sturdy metal unibody design and runs Android 7.0 Nougat with the EMUI 5.1 skin on top, although we do expect the Honor to upgrade it to Android Oreo sometime in 2018.
Honor 7X Specifications:
- Display: 5.93-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080) FullView | 18:9 aspect ratio | 2.5D curved glass
- Processor & GPU: Octa-core Kirin 659 | MaliT830-MP2
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB | MicroSD card up to 256GB (Hybrid Slot)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 2MP dual camera | LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 3340mAh
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.3 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor
At first glance, the Honor 7X looks like the Honor 9i smartphone that was launched in India a couple of months ago, except the camera and fingerprint sensor alignment at the back. As we mentioned earlier, the 4GB + 32GB variant of the Honor 7X is priced at INR 12999 ($199), while the 4GB + 64GB variant is priced at INR 15999 (£269/€299). The Honor 7X will be available in three colour variants – Black, Gold, and Aurora Blue.
Honor 7X goes on sale in India starting from December 7, exclusively on Amazon India and Honor India Store. Meanwhile, the buyers in USA, UK, and across most of Europe can pick up the Honor 7X from today.
Honor also revealed that the View 10 will come to selected countries starting from January 8, including the US, UK, India, and across Europe. It is priced at €499 in Europe or £449 in the UK and will be available in Midnight Black and Navy Blue colours. However, there’s no word on the USA and India pricing details.
What are your thoughts on the latest Honor phones? Let us know your opinion by leaving a comment below!