Last month at a press event in Munich, Huawei announced two of its new flagship phones — Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. Now, Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has unveiled another flagship introduction, the Honor V10. The smartphone was officially released in China yesterday as a sequel to the Honor V9 released only a few months back.
This newer, more powerful device comes with a sleeker metal body and its got complete refinement in terms of design compared to the Honor V9. The V10 even changes up the fingerprint sensor, placing it beneath the display’s bezel, though the Honor V9 has at the centre-rear position. However, there are other refinements on the back, including a new look for the dual camera setup and U shaped antennal lines at the top and bottom. But it’s the front part that stands out, thanks to 18:9 FullView display with ultra narrow bezels.
The Honor V10 features a 5.99-inch 18:9 FullView display with a 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution (FHD+) and is powered by a Kirin 970 10nm Octa-core processor along with i7 co-processor. The smartphone has 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB of internal storage, and packs a 3750mAh battery with the company’s SuperCharge fast charging technology that promises to get it up to 50% in just 30 minutes of charging.
It’s equipped with a dual camera setup on the rear featuring 16MP and 20MP sensors (RGB + Monochrome) both of which have a f/1.8 aperture. The V10 also has an AI-powered 13MP selfie snapper on board that doubles up as the facial recognition system and runs the EMUI 8.0 skin top of the latest version of Android, 8.0 Oreo.
Honor V10 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.99-inch FullView IPS | 18:9 FHD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) | 79.10% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: 2.36GHz Octa-core Kirin 970 with i7 co-processor
- GPU: Mali-G72MP12 767MHz
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64/128GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD card (Hybrid Slot)
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo | EMUI 8.0
- Rear Camera: 16MP RGB + 20MP Monochrome | f/1.8 aperture | LED flash | PDAF | 4K recording
- Front Camera: 13MP | f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 4.2 | GPS | USB-C | NFC
- Battery: 3750mAh | SuperCharge fast charging
- Dimensions: 157 x 74.98 x 6.97mm
- Weight: 172g
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor | Face Unlocking | A.I selfie portraits
Pricing starts at 2699 Yuan (about $410) for the version with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, while the 6GB RAM with 64GB or 128GB storage models retails for 2999 Yuan (about $450) and 3499 Yuan (about $530), respectively. The Honor V10 goes on sale from December 5th in China, but there’s no word yet on a wider release. It’ll be available in Gold, Black, Aurora Blue, and Red colours.
If Honor decides to bring this handset to Western markets (US and EU), we can expect the change in price and name as well. We’ll keep our eye on this new smartphone and let you know if the Honor decides to launch it in any other markets.