Asus’s Zenfone Max series is known for bringing bigger battery phones at small prices. The Zenfone Max and Zenfone 3 Max were part of the early crew of Android smartphones to pack huge batteries on board. The Zenfone 4 Max followed the same thing which launched a couple of months ago, and improved upon its predecessors built quality as well as cameras but kept the price low at $200, just $50 more than the previous handset.
The Zenfone 4 Max hasn’t seen the light of day in many markets across the globe until now. But that doesn’t stop the company to introduce its another ZenFone Max series handset, the Max Plus (M1). Like the Zenfone 4 Max, the Zenfone Max Plus (M1) also packing a dual rear-camera setup and large battery, though it adopts a new trend of 18:9 display. This is Asus’s second handset to feature an 18:9 display after the Pegasus 4S launched earlier this month. It features a metal unibody design for a premium look and feel, has a fingerprint scanner that’s located on the back, and comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots.
The Zenfone Max Plus (M1) sports a 5.7-inch FullView display with FHD+ resolution (2160 x 1080 pixels) and an 18:9 aspect ratio. The handset is powered by the MediaTek MT6750T chipset and has 2GB or 3GB of RAM. It comes in 16GB and 32GB of storages that can be expanded for an additional 256GB with a microSD card. Asus has decided to follow the latest market trends and equip the Zenfone Max Plus (M1) with a dual camera setup at the rear that features 16MP and 8MP sensors, allowing you to capture beautiful bokeh images.
The device also has an 8MP selfie shooter up front and packs a 4130mAh battery with Asus’s PowerMaster charging technology. In addition, the Zenfone Max Plus (M1) runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with Asus’s ZenUI 4.0 skin over the top, although we do expect the company to update it to Android 8.0 Oreo sometime in 2018.
ASUS Zenfone Max Plus (M1) Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch FullView | 18:9 FHD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) | 2.5D curved glass
- Processor & GPU: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T 64-bit
- GPU: ARM Mali-T860
- RAM: 2/3GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 16/32GB; expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat | ZenUI 4.0
- Rear Camera: 16MP Primary | f/2.0 aperture | LED flash | PDAF | 8MP Secondary | 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 8MP | f/2.0 aperture | 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n | Bluetooth 4.0 | GPS | GLONASS
- Battery: 4130 mAh | ASUS PowerMaster charging
- Dimensions: 152.6 x 73 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 160 gms
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor
Unfortunately, Asus has not disclosed pricing or the device’s exact availability at the time of writing, but company’s Russian listing confirms that the Zenfone Max plus (M1) will go on sale in Russia soon. We’ll let you know as soon as we learn anything.
It’ll be available in three colour options: Black Wave, Azure Silver, and Sunny Gold. Would you consider getting it one? Let us know in the comments.