Xiaomi has launched the new 4GB RAM variant of Mi Note 3 in China. The highlight of the Mi Note 3 is the dual camera setup at its rear, similar to most flagships launched this year. Other than the reduced RAM, the new variant is powered by Snapdragon 660 Chipset, and most other specifications also seem identical. However, it’s coming with a smaller price tag.
To quickly recap, the Mi Note 3 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display with 550 nits brightness. This arrives in addition to a 2.2GHz Snapdragon 660 chipset — a 14nm mobile platform brand new in 2017 — 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage (Sadly, there is no microSD card support).
On the rear, you’ll find a dual 12MP cameras with dual-tone LED flash, while at the front comes a 16MP camera. The Mi Note 3 is backed by a 3500mAh battery, has a fingerprint sensor embedded in the menu button and runs Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box with Xiaomi’s MIUI 9 UI on top.
Mi Note 3 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LCD | 550 nits brightness
- Processor: 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm | Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary (4-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size) + 12MP secondary (52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size) | Dual-tone LED flash | 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 16MP | f/2.0 aperture | 2μm pixel size
- Connectivity: Dual SIM | 4G VoLTE | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 5.0 | GPS | GLONASS | NFC | USB-C
- Battery: 3500mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 152.6 × 73.95 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 163g
- Other: Fingerprint sensor | Infrared sensor | Stereo speakers
Priced at 1999 yuan (about $300), the Mi Note 3 with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant will be available in two colour options – Black and Blue. The handset will go on sale in China starting from November 23.
What do you think of the Mi Note 3 and its new variant? Let us know in the comments.