Data loss is a serious issue for many people especially for the enterprise users since they deal with sensitive data, which may relate to company or clients. There are many causes of data loss in iPhone. We have listed the occurrences of data loss below alongside the probability.
- Virus attack – 5%
- Restoration to factory setting without backup – 10%
- Deleting data accidentally – 35%
- Breakage or water damage of the iPhone – 20%
- Theft or loss of the iPhone – 15%
- Jailbreak or failure of the iOS to upgrade – 15%
People ended up losing following data when data loss occurred
- Text messages – 17%
- iMessages – 10%
- Photos and videos cover the largest data loss – 20%
- Contacts – 19%
- Notes are lowest data lost – 8%
- Call history – 10%
- Calendar events – 7%
- WhatsApp message also gets lost – 9%
Methods used by smartphone users to secure their mobile phones
Different smartphone users approach different methods to secure their mobile phones from data loss. Here are the various precautions used and the percentage as per survey on phone security.
- 34% of smartphone users do not take any safety measure on their phones.
- 36% have set a 4-digit PIN screen lock for their smartphones.
- 29% backup their data either in a computer or iCloud.
- 22% have installed apps that locate their phones as means of security for ease of locating when lost or stolen.
- To prevent data loss through virus attack, 14% of smartphone users have installed antivirus apps.
- Other than screen lock, 7% of smartphone users make use of other security features to prevent data loss, such as encryption of data.
- 8% of the users have installed apps that wipe out their data in case the phone gets lost or stolen.
- Unlike those who use a 4-digit PIN, some users use PINs with more than four digits, unlock pattern or passwords on their screen to protect their data.
Methods of data recovery from iPhone
Recovery from iPhone
For any iPhone user who wants to recover lost data but had not created any data backup, recovery software will be ultimate the solution. The recovery software has the capacity to retrieve data from the iPhone. However, you are not assured that all recovery software can recover data from iPhone, but EaseUS Mobisaver is guaranteed recovery software for recovering lost data in iPhones.
Data recovery from iCloud
If you lost your data, but you backed up the data in iCloud, you can easily recover lost data using recovery software. However, the auto-sync option in iTunes must be enabled to allow any recovery software to restore your lost.
Data recovery from iTunes
Data recovery using iTunes is one of the safest ways to bring back your lost data. All you need to do is connect your iPhone to either Mac or PC and fire up the iTunes. You will see your detected phone on iTunes. Once you are good with setup, just go ahead and hit restore. All lost data will be recovered. If you feel it’s cumbersome, there is EaseUS Mobisaver recovery software to easily recover all of the lost data within no time.
EaseUS Mobisaver recovery software
The above-listed methods are pretty useful, but the easiest and quickest method to recover lost data from iPhone is the use of EaseUS Mobisaver recovery software. Apart from the recovery software having a user-friendly interface, it recovers data safely.
Besides, the recovery software gives you a preview of lost data before you retrieve. Additionally, it works very well with any iPhone just like how the recovery software works on other storage devices. Moreover, you are guaranteed to recover any type of lost data.
The recovery software is iPhone friendly, and all you need is to download the software, scan your phone, preview and select the files you want to recover and press the Recover button to retrieve all files. We hope the article is helpful to you. Drop your opinions below on this.
Note: This article is sponsored by EaseUS. Thanks for the detailed analysis report.