Microsoft’s prestigious Windows 10 operating system finally started hitting end users as a free upgrade. It’s around nine months that Microsoft engineers are working so hard along with over 5 million Windows Insiders to shape up the traditional desktop operating system. Now, the end users can directly get a full version of Windows 10 for free but users have to run on a genuine version of Windows to get it.
Windows 10 is an entirely new era in Microsoft history, which is planned to deliver best of Windows 7 and Windows 8 with lot more new features. The brand new features include Cortana Voice Assistance, Microsoft Edge browser, Added start menu with redesigned apps, Windows Continuum, Windows Hello for secure logins and more. It is the best Windows operating system ever. You can refer our previous in-depth Windows 10 articles over here.
Here are the new Windows 10 features:
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- New Microsoft Edge browser lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web.
- The integrated Xbox app delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10, bringing together friends, games and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
- Continuum optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across the touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies & TV offer entertainment and productivity options. With OneDrive, files can be easily shared and kept up-to-date across all devices.
- A Microsoft Phone Companion app enables iPhones, Android or Windows phones to work seamlessly with Windows 10 devices.
- The all new Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 tablets are available today in the Windows Store.4 Built for work on-the-go, the Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets. For digital note-taking needs, the full-featured OneNote app comes pre-installed with Windows 10. The upcoming release of the Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer the richest feature set for professional content creation. Designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse, these apps optimized for large-screen PCs, laptops and 2-in-1 devices such as the Surface Pro.
The update notified like the above image. It is about 2.71GB in size so you should have stable, faster internet connection to download this file. It may include extra charges, make sure about that before going to download it.
Together with our partners, we’re ready for a new era of Windows – we hope you’ll join us, Microsoft mentioned in a blog post.
Windows 10 for Business:
On the other hand, Windows 10 for Businesses is also available for download from today onwards.
“We’re excited to begin to make Windows 10 available today to all of our customers. As we’ve shared, Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro are available for business customers as a free* upgrade for genuine Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs and tablets. Enterprises and organizations who have Volume Licensing can upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education starting on August 1”, Jim Alkove, lead of the Windows Enterprise Management team noted in a blog post.
Download ISO files:
Windows 10 will be hitting all the valid users over the course of few weeks. If you don’t want to wait for that much time, users can download and install Windows 10 ISO files manually.
- An internet connection (Extra fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4GB of space if you want to create media.
- If you are installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx xxx-xxx) to activate the Windows 10 version.
- Download it from here
Happy Upgrading all. Don’t forget to share your Windows 10 experience with us..!!